Chapter Eighteen: Familiar Faces: Part Two

"Mercutio gave it to me." I stared at it and Bam narrowed her eyes and I felt her power shoving at me rather dangerously.

"Why?" It was said clipped and I looked down at my hands.

"He sent me to come find you because he said you had been kidnapped by a rabid werewolf. The necklace was supposed to protect me." I glanced up at her and she shook her head with disgust. I felt a heavy shame fill me as I looked at the necklace.

"What else did he say?" It was a clip demand that was carried on a tone of voice that dared me to lie. She had used it a lot when I would come home after a day of being picked on and bullied at the school. She always demanded to know who had hurt me so she could hurt them back.

"That he wanted to marry me." I winced at it, just saying it made me realize how stupid I was to even begin to think he was telling the truth.

"Well if he liked it that much he should have put a ring on it, Novy, because this necklace had a spell on it that was supposed to kill me but because you were my sister it activated it just enough that it tried to kill you instead." At the words my head snapped up and I stared at her in horror

"What?" He had tried to use me to kill her? I felt sick, a heavy and deep sickness right in my stomach as she swung the necklace back and forth.

"You should know better than to trust a handsome face, Novy, because that bastard nearly killed you." She grabbed my hand and pressed the necklace into it before she gripped my chin. "Do not blame yourself, he nearly killed you, you do not get to think about what ifs. Just know that I am safe and that the necklace more than likely wouldn't have killed me. He isn't exactly subtle or smart." She patted my cheek gently with a soft smile. "I should kill him for doing that to you, you were nearly gone when I got to you, Novy."

She tucked some hair behind my ear before she grabbed it and yanked, making me yelp at the sudden pain. "Don't you ever do that to me again! I was so worried and sick to my stomach at the thought of you dying! I had to pull out all the stops to save your sorry ass so you are no longer allowed to do anything like that again!" She tugged on my ear as she said it, scolding me harshly before she let me go.

I glowered at her as I rubbed my ear. "Okay." It stung and ached and I rubbed it to try and rid myself of the slight ache it had. "You didn't have to do that." I glared at her ad she raised her hand in a rather threatening gesture.

"I should beat your head in for even listening to that pompous asshole, Novis! He nearly killed you! The idiot was the one who wanted to do the containment spell on my little beauty. He's a sick fuck and you fell right into his trap!" She shook her finger in my face and I wanted to argue but the realization of her words made my hunch my shoulders forward in shame.

"I'm sorry." The words nearly choked me as my eyes burned with tears of shame.

Bam grabbed my chin and lifted my face roughly. "Don't you dare apologize! That sick fuck plays people, you are a victim. He tried to kill you, Novy! Do you understand that?" Her green eyes pierced into mine, her words were harsh but I could feel the love she had for me in them. "You nearly died because of him, you do not apologize for that, for trusting someone you thought you could. He used your love for me against you and if you apologize for that then that means you regret loving me enough to leave the Covens to find me." She wrapped her arms around me and pulled me close. "No matter what brought you here I am so happy to see you." She kissed my cheek and I held her tightly, tears burning my eyes as I buried my face into her shoulder.

"I missed you." The words were muffled and croaked out but she shushed me gently.

"I know. I missed you too." She sniffled slightly before she held me just a fraction tighter before letting me go. "How is mum?" She looked at me expectantly and I gave a surprised giggle as I wiped at my eyes.