Chapter Fourteen: Morning After

How did one act the day after they did something entirely illegal with an unbelievably attractive and sinful male? I didn't know. I had no clue. I had forgotten myself and had made out and had a heavy grind session in club with a werewolf. For some Elders that was more than enough to burn a witch and I was feeling a little unsure of how to proceed with it all.

I knew for a fact that with how drugged with desire I felt wrapped in his arms and with his mouth on mine, that we would have ended up having sex. Hot, desperate, undeniably glorious sex. Which was not a borderline offence like a kiss, that was a hundred percent burnable. It made me almost glad that once my invigorating potion wore off that I had crashed. Turns out I was allergic to something in it because I had crashed hard. I had gone from being hot and bothered to being cold and so exhausted I could barely walk.

It had been a strange feeling, going from desire raging through me hot enough I wanted to tell Abe we could take our little session to the motel, to feeling like the world had slowed down and I was moving through freezing cold molasses. It had been like Ice had moved through my veins, making me sluggish and unable to really function appropriately.

To be honest I hadn't really thought Abe would take it well. He had been very hard, if his pelvis grinding into me had been any indications, and I knew the poor guy must have had blue balls because everything had come to a staggering halt. I would have been pissed in his position but the moment the down swing had hit me, he took care of me. I hadn't really been able to formulate thoughts and had shook violently from how cold I had felt, my teeth chattering as I staggered when I tried to walk. He seemed to take it in stride.

He had cursed out the bartender as he had wrapped me up in his leather jacket and picked me up. He had carried me through the exit portal and back to our motel room without a word. I remembered wanting to get out of the dress, wanting to put on something warm. I also remembered him telling me it wasn't a good idea. However, to my embarrassment I had insisted but he had been... it was hard to explain. He must have been uncomfortable with his serious erection and I knew I must have made it worse with wanting to strip but he had helped. He had shoved his t-shirt over me before helping me shimmy the dress down underneath it.

The last thing I remember was him helping me put on a pair of flannel pants, my teeth still chattering before he put me into bed, pulling the covers over me. He also grabbed the blankets from his bed and putting them over me as well. Everything went dark after that. I had woken up to what I could only describe as an embarrassment hangover from hell. I could barely look at him and I felt like shit with my head pounding and my stomach turning.

So that left me so where I was now. How did one act after doing something decidedly illegal the night before? I had no clue but Abe didn't seem affected by it. We were tracking down leads and we hadn't really talked much but he hadn't seem all too concerned by it. I could barely look at him without my face going even more red than it had before. I felt like a fucking beacon with how hot my cheeks would go. I didn't like feeling how I was, I really didn't. It made me want to regret it but for some stupid reason I couldn't. He made me feel wanted, like as if I were the only female in his world that he could possibly want. He kissed me like we had been reunited after being separated for years. He had kissed me like he had finally come home.

I had dreams of a guy making me feel like that. Like I was home to him but I never thought it would come from a werewolf. I never thought in a million years that I would have someone from a species I was raised to despise, treat me like I was his everything. He had touched me like he wanted me, like he was starving for me but each touch, each squeeze, had the edge of gentle care. It confused me because he touched me like he treasured every inch of my form despite how rough his passionate want went. I had the feeling like he wanted to leave marks but was conscious of how delicate I was and for some stupid reason it made me want to cry.

No one had ever made me feel like that before. No guy had ever made me feel like I was treasured and wanted. I was used for sex but that was it, there was no emotion to it but Abe made it feel almost too full with emotion. I shook my head at that. He wanted sex and for all I knew, werewolves used that type of connection for just that purpose.

I bit my lip at that, shoving my hand into my pockets. I was still chilled and achy and I had thanked Aymis silently when I dug through my bag and found that he had packed a jacket for me. I looked around, my gaze being drawn towards Abe. He was leaning against a building talking to a red head female with purple tinged porcelain skin that I figured was Cherri.

We had looked around the Emporium again, asking new faces about Bam and the werewolf and we had always been told no but I now figured it was just Abe buying time until he could spot the Fae female we had missed the night before. He had told me to stay back as he had approached her. That had been about ten minutes ago and I was starting to feel a little... off. I didn't know how to describe it but something was pinging off in my head that something wasn't right.

Everything was in order but I had a feeling the potion was still affecting me slightly. I felt like I was growing colder and my stomach was in knots and I felt achy. It wasn't unlike how the flu felt at moments. A heavy achiness that thrummed through my limbs and made me feel off kilter and like I needed to lie down for a moment. I swallowed hard, I didn't want to be a burden. Abe had taken care of me twice now and it didn't sit right with me that he was wasting his time with taking care of me rather than me helping him find Bam and the werewolf.

I felt useless once again and I didn't like how the bitterness coated my tongue at that. Lacey Lenkirion, a Nolo Vis and I was so useless I distracting a werewolf from finding my sister. It was pathetic and I knew the witches in my Coven would laugh at me. Not that they didn't already but like always, the thought hurt. It stung deep inside my chest. I swallowed hard again as I looked at the cobblestone street of the Emporium. I wanted to be useful for once but it seemed like I couldn't.

I looked towards Abe and felt a curl of shame in my stomach. All he seemed to do was take care of me and we were getting no closer to finding Bam because of it. The shame burned a bit hotter in my stomach. As usual, Lacey was a useless Nolo Vis.