Chapter 1

Chapter 1

Dean

I can feel the pain in my chest every time I take a breath. It's like someone had landed a hard blow there, knocking things out of place. My body felt numb and my brain seemed to continuously replay the death of Brooke in my arms.

My eyes stared ahead at the large stack of books in front of me. Sam and I had returned to the Bunker. Sam was sitting at one of the long tables while I was pacing behind him.

I stared at Brooke's lifeless body as it laid on the couch in the next room. My eyes hurt, probable red from all the crying I had been doing.

I'd never cried so much in my life, not even when dad died. The worst part was, I couldn't just cover it up with anger. The pain consumed me so much that it over powered anything else I felt.

The phone ringing on speaker pulled me from my gaze on Brooke towards it. Crowley's voice came through, his smirk heard through the phone. "You have less than one minute before a very dear, attractive, and slightly tipsy friend of yours snuffs it."

My hands slammed on the table, my anger clear as day through the speaker. "Call it off, Crowley!"

"Because?"

"Because it's over, you son of a bitch. We want to deal," I said, glancing at Sam who glanced at me. We had an idea, a crazy one, but one that would bring Brooke back.

Crowley paused, "40 seconds."

"We stop the trials, and you stop the killing," I said, hoping he'd take the deal.

Seeming to want to add to the deal, like I had expected, Crowley comment, "I want the Demon Tablet. The whole Demon Tablet."

"Fine, but then the Angel Tablet comes to us."

"On what grounds?" Crowley hissed at us, clearly annoyed with us.

My voice came out harsh, just as annoyed. "On the grounds that you're a douche bag and no douche bag should have that much power." I paused lightly, my voice calming down some, "And we want Brooke back."

"No deal, I've worked very hard to-"

I cut him off, "Bring her back and when she dies again, I'll go to Hell with her. Deal or not?"

Sam looked at me shocked, knowing that, that was never part of the plan. At least, not for him. It was the only thing I could think of that would get Crowley to bring her back.

"First, I need to hear two little words... I surrender," Crowley said, his smirk heard through the phone.

My eyes rolled before looking off, landing on Brooke. For Brooke, I would beg.

"You win, Crowley. I surrender," I said, but every word in that sentence was a load of bull. We had a plan, and if it worked, we'd win everything. Including Crowley.

It felt strange just leaving Brooke at the Bunker. Hell, this whole thing was strange. Throwing a sheet over her so in case Kevin stopped by he wouldn't freak out. Feeling this empty pit in the bottom of my stomach. Even Sam noticed how tightly I gripped the wheel as I defiantly drove over the speed limit.

None of it made sense, how much Brooklyn Myers meant to me. This whole "Meant To Be" was a load of crap in my mind. But, after I started experiencing things she did, it all changed. Now, I know it's not. Because I'd never feel so ghostly with anyone else's death.

I pull over on a country road, parking behind Kevin's car. My head looked around, finding Kevin digging as his eyes moved to us as well.

Sam and I got out of the Impala, walking over to him. There's a large sign over the hole, a picture of a devil with the words "Dave & Paul's Chili Pot Restaurant" written on it.