Chapter 15

Chapter 15

Brooklyn

Crowley, Dean, and I drove up to a farmhouse, the location of the First Blade. We climbed out of the Impala and started walking towards it, only for Crowley to stop us.

"Wait."

"What now?" I asked with a sigh.

"I'm feeling something."

Dean's eyes scrunched together in confusion, "What, cramps?"

"I feel something dark."

At those words, Dean and I shared a quick glance of concern before Dean asked, "What, darker than you?"

Crowley is about to speak when he notices a man in a beekeeper suit tending bee hives over by the house. He looks extremely worried as he takes a couple of steps back, making me look between the man and Crowley.

"Oh, no. We need to leave here now."

"What, are you allergic to bees?" Dean asked, still confused.

Crowley, trying to hush his voice a little, looked between Dean and me as he pointed towards the man, "That's not a beekeeper. That's the father of murder. Cain."

Dean's eyes went wide, "As in Cain and Abel?"

Making his way to Dean, Crowley practically begs, "Dean. We need to be a world away from here, from him." He turns to leave only for the beekeeper, or Cain, to appear behind him.

"You're not going anywhere. Crowley."

Well, there goes any plan of leaving.

We're lead inside the home, the three of us cramped on a couch while Cain is in eye sight from the kitchen. Crowley looks like he's going to be sick.

"Why don't you just zap out of here?" Dean asks Crowley who is sitting in between us.

"I'd never leave my domestic partners in crime," Crowley said, his eyes straight ahead while his words were directed towards both of us.

I snorted, my eyes looking away from the demon next to me, "Yeah, like your heart grew three sizes."

Dean let out a sigh, seeming to put the invisible pieces together. "You can't zap out of here, can you?"

"Cain's doing something to me," Crowley said, confirming Dean's thoughts.

Shifting his weight, Dean said, "Well, it's not your day for getaways, is it? All right, so, tell me about this Cain."

Explaining little, Crowley said, "Well, after Cain killed Abel, he became a demon."

Confused and wanting more information, I asked, "What do you mean "became a demon"?"

"I mean he became the deadliest demon to walk the face of the earth. Killed thousands. The best at being the worst. And then he just... Disappeared. Everyone thought he was dead or, at least, hoped he was."

We quickly went silent as Cain entered with a tea tray, setting it on the coffee table before us. The action made Crowley gaudery and as he takes the cup it shakes a little.

Handing a cup to Dean and me, Cain began to speak, "So, what is the inspiring, meant to be couple of the century, and the King of Hell doing at my house?"

Dean's eyes went wide, "You know who we are?"

"I'm retired. I'm not dead. What I don't know is why you're looking for me, more importantly, how you found me," Cain said, sitting in the couch in front of us.