Chapter 4

Chapter 4

Brooklyn

Nothing was more soothing then my butt sitting on top of a picnic table, with my legs stretched out in front of me, and Dean's head in my lap. His eyes were closed, enjoying my hand as it played with his hair and scalp.

Sam suddenly interrupts us, causing Dean's eyes to open, "So, what, Cas is human?"

Dean let out a sigh before sitting up, our perfect moment now gone, "Ish. I mean, he's got no Grace, no wings, no... harp, whatever the hell else he had."

"Okay. Where'd he crash-land?" Sam asked, looking over at Dean and I as we sat up straighter.

"Called me from a pay phone from Longmont, Colorado. I told him just to make for the bunker," Dean said with a shrug.

Eyeing his older brother, Sam asked uneasily, "Well, you think he can handle a road trip like that?"

"Well, Cas is a big boy. Things go Breaking Bad, he knows our number. Right now we got bigger worries." I watched Dean's eyes as they moved from Sam to the ground for a minute. Without Sam noticing, I laid my hand on Dean's, just brushing against it.

Sam's eyes looked at Dean when he didn't continue, "The fallen angels?"

Dean shrugged, "Yeah. I mean, thanks to Metatron, we now have a couple of thousand confused loose nukes walking around down here."

"What do you think they're gonna do?" I asked, looking over Dean's shoulder, at his face.

"I got no damn clue."

"What about Crowley? You, uh..." Sam's voice trailed off, his hand mimicking a knife cutting his throat.

Dean looked off, smirking slightly as he said, "I would've loved nothing better than to ice that limey bitch. But then I thought to myself, what would Sam Winchester do?"

Sam paused, thinking for a second before saying obviously, "I'd've stabbed him in the brain."

"Oh," Dean said, making me hold back a laugh. "Well, I figured the King of Hell might know a few things, so why not Zero Dark Thirty his ass?"

Dean slid off the picnic table, my legs following him. Sam watched us confusingly, seeming to hurry to join us. "Wait, so Crowley is... alive?" Sam asked, his words shortening when Dean opened the trunk of the Impala.

There laid Crowley with a Devil's Trap painted above him. His hands and mouth were still chained together, keeping him from moving or saying anything.

Nodding impressively, Dean said, "Oh yeah. He's the junk in my trunk."

Sam looked surprised before smiling slightly, seeming to also be impressed.

Before I knew it, Sam, Dean, and I made our way back in the Impala. The three of us just listened to music the rest of the way to the Bunker, hoping that Kevin didn't blow the place up.

Sam grabbed Crowley, waiting outside with him while Dean and I made our way in. The Bunker lights were on and as far as we could tell the place hadn't been torn up or anything.

A sudden arrow flying towards us, only to hit the handrail a few feet away made Dean put his arm up to stop me, lightly pushing me slightly behind him.

"What the hell?" Dean half yelled, causing us to move towards the railing and look down. Kevin stood up from behind a barricade of books and a flipped-over table, holding a crossbow in his hands.

"Dean? Brooke? You're alive!"

"Yeah, 'cause you're a crappy shot..." Dean started, yanking out the arrow from the handrail and leading the way down the steps. "...Katniss," He added.