Chapter 21

Chapter 21

Brooklyn

The Impala pulled up to a tall, almost abandoned building with a sign that read "Central Municipal Power Corp". Sam got a text from Castiel, telling all of us to meet him here.

"Are you sure this is the place?" Dean asked, looking over at his brother who climbed out of the car.

"Yeah."

We climb out and head over to the side door. Sam raises his hand to knock when the door suddenly opens and a man is standing there. At the sight of us, he holds the door open and nods. "If you'll follow me, the Commander will see you now."

The three of us share confused looks as I ask, "The Commander?"

Silence fills us as the man leads us to a command center. It's a large room equipped with state of the art spy and tracking devices, computers, and God knows what else. There is many people around, seeming to have jobs and things to talk about.

Castiel comes in sight and the man leading us grabs his attention. He nods and pauses for a moment before looking at the man again, "Um...dismissed." The man walks away, leaving Cas to look at us. "He can be a little stuffy."

Huh, sounds familiar.

I cross my arms a little and eye Castiel, "So, Commander?"

Sighing, Castiel looks at the ground before looking at us again, "Yeah, not my idea. They had no leader, and they insisted on following me."

"Yeah. No, we get it. You're a rock star," Dean nods and waves his hands a little in the air.

Jumping right to the point, like Cas does, he said, "Bartholomew is dead. Malachi was murdered by Gadreel, and with Metatron as powerful as he is now, I needed to do something."

Sam scrunched his eyebrows together, "So this war between angels is really gonna happen, huh?"

"Not if I can find a diplomatic option for getting rid of Metatron," Cas says, leading us into a glass room that is empty minus a table and some chairs.

We follow him, Dean scuffing as he mumbles, "Good luck with that."

"Dean, this angel-on-angel violence, it has to end. Someone has to say, "Enough.""

"And that someone is you?" I asked?

Cas nods as an answer before continuing, "That brings me to why you're here. We have a prisoner. It's an angel from Metatron's inner circle. I need to know what they're planning, but so far, he's revealed nothing."

Smirking slightly, Dean sits lazily on the table, "So, you're done with the rough stuff, and you want us to be your goons?"

"Well, you've had success at these situations before. If you don't want to do it, I understand."

Standing, Dean smiles slightly, almost excited, "Who says I don't want to do it?" His words could worry some, but I try not to think about it right now.

Dean, Sam, and I go to leave, only for Cas to stop me. "Brooke. I'm glad you came. We have some news."

Curiosity gets the best of me and I'm quick to ask, "What is it?"

"Rose reached out to us."

My eyes grew in shock, my mind recalling the angel that I haven't seen in a long time. "Rose? You mean angel Rose? The one who saved me from Hell?" As if there was anyone else.

Castiel nodded, "Yes. She wanted to speak to you but didn't know where you were located. We gave her this address and she showed up an hour ago."

Confused, I asked, "About what? Does she have her Grace back?"