Chapter 11

Chapter 11

Brooklyn

My head is half in the fridge when Dean walks into the Bunker kitchen. "We need to go shopping again," I comment, closing the fridge and turning to Dean. He's leaning in the kitchen frame, looking off. "Everything okay?"

Dean sighs, "No. Yes. I don't know. Zeke is pissed at us for working with Cas."

I cross my arms and lean on the fridge, "Yeah, I figured after you pretty much disowned him at the bar."

Focusing on me, Dean throws his arm out, "I didn't want to hurt him. He's like family. But I don't know what else to do Brooke. I don't want Zeke to jump ship and let something happened to Sam."

"But you also don't want to lose Cas in the process. Maybe... maybe it's time we consider telling Sam. I mean Zeke has been in Sam for a while, you'd think by now he'd be getting good enough where he can fully charge on his own. And maybe it won't be as bad as we think. Maybe Sam will even let him stay."

Dean sighs and mumbles, "Yeah, maybe" while looking off again.

I push myself off the fridge, "Hey..." I walk over to him and put my hands on his cheek, making him look at me. "We'll figure it out. We always do." Dean nods and puts his hands on my waste. Before I know it, he's pulling me into a hug that I gladly return.

We both wish this hug could fix everything that's happened, but sadly it only reminds us that we're not alone in this lie we're living in.

Dean is the first to pull away, leaving to join Sam in the research for our case. I turn and grab a handful of cereal out of the cupboard before walking into the main room.

Sam and Dean are sitting at the table with a laptop and some papers. Dean looks slightly uncomfortable, like something was just said in the short time I was gone. I speak up, hoping to bring us back somehow. "So anything on the Obituaries about these bikers?" I find myself standing between the two boys, munching still.

"Yeah. His name was Red Dawg," Sam nods.

"Heh. Of course it was," Dean chuckles.

"It's not what you think. Look, he's a family guy. Big in the PTA, he played Santa at Christmas parties."

Dean rose an eyebrow, "So, what? Just one day, he up and joined a biker gang?"

"No, he did that years ago."

"I always wanted to be a Biker," I comment, causing Dean and Sam to look at me surprised, neither one knowing this thing about me. I looked at both of them, adding, "I mean, if I wasn't a Hunter."

Dean looks like he's thinking about something then makes an understanding face before saying, "I can see it."

Sam shakes his head and returns to his laptop, pulling up news clipping and photos of the biker gang. "Anyways, look at this. These are all the victims, right? They were all baptized together."

"Baptized?" Dean asked?

"Yeah. They were a born-again biker gang."

My eyes rise in shock, finishing my cereal, "Well, that is not something you hear every day."

"No, it's not," Sam responds.

Dean eyes the screen and asks Sam, "Wait, make that bigger." Sam zooms in on the logo on the jackets, causing my eyes to go wide. Dean looks at Sam, then me, ""Boyle's Boys"? Boyle, as in reverend Buddy Boyle?"

I groan, "I thought we were done with this guy?"

Sam quickly types away on his computer before speaking up again. "Listen to this. Red Dawg's widow said he was always religious, but a week before he died, he came home from a prayer meeting and was a changed man filled with divine glory."