Chapter 23

Chapter 23

Brooklyn

I can feel my heart racing, my body shaking with fear. Even deep within a dream, a nightmare, I can feel it. But when I quickly gasp awake, the movements stop and I'm left with the gnawing feeling that I can't remember my nightmare. Just that I was terrified.

My hand reaches next to me only to find the spot empty. Dean, who promised me he'd come to bed, was not anywhere in the room.

Suddenly, the door opened and in seconds my reflexes kick in and I'm pulling a gun from under my pillow. I point it at the intruder, letting out a sigh of relief when I see its only Dean.

"Jesus, Dean, you scared me," I said, slipping the gun back under my pillow.

Dean, slightly taken back by my actions nods. "Well, nice to know you're not sleeping empty handed. Come on, we got a case."

"Where?" I asked confused.

"Cas called, one of his angels was killed along with other people. He wants us to meet him at Command Central. God I can't get used saying that." He turns to leave, only to pause when my words stop him.

"Dean. You good?"

"Fantastic. We leave in 20," With that, he turned and left my room, leaving me alone.

I change my clothes and grab a quick breakfast before joining Sam and Dean as we enter Cas' Command Center. The place is bustling with angels and as we approach Dean, one of the Angels makes his way to Castiel.

"Commander," She says.

"Still creepy," Dean mutters as he lets out a sigh.

Castiel turns to us, "Sam, Dean, Brooke, this is Hannah."

Hannah turns to us and nods, "I've heard so much about all of you."

Dean shrugs, smiling slightly, "What can I say? Cas is a fan." An angel in a red shirt takes a box of evidence over to us, causing me to grab it from him. "I'll start to examine this evidence."

Moving her attention back to Castiel, Hannah started to speak. "Sir, this morning, Josiah wasn't at roll call."

Sam and I squinted our eyes at Castiel, Sam speaking up. "Uh, roll call? You hold roll call?"

Almost ashamed of his next words, Castiel's eyes looked everywhere but at us. "Uh. They like to hear me say their names."

"I know that feeling," Dean mumbles, making me glare at him. He shrugs and looks back at the box.

Hannah continues, "No one's seen Josiah since Rose was murdered. We think that-"

"You think Josiah's the killer, that he is the mole?" Sam asked, making me bite my inner cheek.

"Well, who else? We searched the grounds, but he's vanished," Hannah says, shrugging.

I speak up, hoping my voice doesn't betray me. "Not without wings. He's an angel, but he's still got to travel like he's a human, which means walk, drive-"

"-Means he's gonna leave a trail," Dean says, summing up my words.

Sam moves into the other room, an empty table with glass around it. He pulls out his laptop and starts typing. "All right. What was his vessel's name?"

Castiel speaks up, "Sean Flynn from Omaha."

The youngest Winchester starts typing before turning his computer screen towards us. "This the guy?"

"Yeah, that's him."

"All right. Looks like someone just used his credit card at a Gas-n-Sip in Colorado."