Chapter 12

Chapter 12

Brooklyn

Fire, it's something that I've seen a lot of. When I was a kid, it was a camp fire, roasting marshmallows over it. When I was older, it was Hell, burning bodies next to me with nothing but their screams to fill your ears. Now, it was a funeral, Kevin's body burning in a Hunter like way.

Only one out of the three did I ever like.

The Bunker was silent when Dean and I returned. No one, except him and I, were here. Kevin was dead, Crowley was probable off causing trouble somewhere, and Sam was gone. It was just us.

I leaned in the doorway of the study, watching Dean as he looked at where Kevin's body laid just a couple of hours ago. His head turns to the table where Kevin's papers still stretched out. I don't see Dean's face but I know devastation is on it, and probable tears.

Suddenly, Dean explodes. He grabs one of Kevin's books and throws it against the wall. Seconds later he's pushing everything off the table, sending it all on the floor flying. I jump slightly at the change of noise and action.

Dean grabs the table and flips it, grabbing a chair next to throw it across the room and watch it break. He's breathing heavily but his movements seem to have stopped for now. His head turns, catching me watching him with sadness in my eyes.

Looking at the floor, he looks upset with himself, disappointed that he let himself lose control like that in front of me. But I don't want him to hide from me, not now, not ever.

Dropping my arms, I slowly make my way over to him, causing him to lightly turn his back towards me so I don't see what's coursing through his mind. I don't need to look at him to know that.

My arms wrap around his back and lightly connect in front of him. I lay my head on his back, feeling his heartbeat and breath. My eyes close as I fight back the tears that are ready to escape.

There isn't time to cry, to be sad. It's time for revenge, for anger, anything to help us get Sam back and destroy this angel that's corrupted our home and family.

Ten minutes passed before I released Dean, causing him to turn and look at me. One of my hands reach up and lightly brush his hair. I know, somehow, that he doesn't want to talk about it, he wants to pack and go.

"Come on, let's go," I say, causing his eyes to meet mine. We stay like that for half a second, searching for the answers to questions we didn't know yet. After that, we return to our rooms, grab our bags, fill them, before entering the Main Room.

Dean grabs some last minute weapons while I pile mine in the empty bag on the table next to him.

"Dean. Brooke."

Dean and I look up, Cas is standing there, moving his way so he's standing in front of the table. He's dressed in his suit and trench coat once again, looking like the old Cas we know and love.

"Cas. Now, look at you, all suited up and back in the game," Dean response.

"I, um... I came as soon as you called. I wa-" He starts but looks around, noticing the trashed room with broken pieces of things laying all over it. His eyes move in concern as he looks at me, then Dean. "Dean, what happened? What's wrong?"

My head moves to look at my boyfriend, his face melting with sadness as he looks at Cas. We told him, we had to. We told him everything, about Sam, Kevin, the angel, all of it.

"Sammy was dying. What was I supposed to do?" Dean said across from his friend while I sat next to him.

"You let an angel possess him?" Cas asked, shocked.