Teenhood Part 2

Watching Sammy ride his bike around the street was boring, even more so when Mike joined in. But, well, at fourteen Marko was tired of his bicycle. He wanted his real bike back... Laying down in the grass, he daydreamed about said bike.

Of course, even if, no, when he got back to Santa Carla for good -because those trips that he went on during the summer a few times over the years to visit his grandfather didn't count. Especially when he was too 'young' to do anything but go to the beach and walk the boardwalk during the day- Marko knew he wouldn't get his bike back. He'd have to get another one... But still, he didn't want to wait that long.

Mike had a bike when he moved there... It was a piece of junk compared to Marko's but, really, even that one was better than nothing, which is what he currently had.

When did his brother get it? Probably when he was sixteen. When did he start saving for it? Marko had some money saved up but from what he knew his twin did extra chores and stuff like mowing the neighbor's lawn for cash. So then, was he already saving for one?

He'd never mentioned it but that didn't mean he wasn't thinking about it on some level.

That night while the curly haired blonde was getting ready for bed he asked, "Mike, why do you do extra stuff to get money? Are you saving up for something?"

Mike looked up from his magazine. "Not really, but I thought I should save up just in case and I was thinking about getting a part-time job soon, but Mom already said no the last time I asked..."

Marko made a hummed briefly before deciding to bring it up. "Well if you started saving for a car you could probably buy one by the time you turn sixteen."

He nearly said bike but refrained because the other never mentioned it so the obvious thing to drive would be a car.

"That's actually a good idea..." He trailed off for a minute before smiling, "I might even be able to talk Mom into letting me get a summer job at least to help get the money for it." He looked thoughtful for a moment before asking, "Were you thinking about getting a car too?"

"No," he answered truthfully. His twin went back to his magazine while Marko grabbed his headphones and cassette player before jumping into bed. It was not the most comfortable thing to sleep with, but it beat listening to Michael at night.

-

At fifteen they both got permission from their mom to work part-time, and not just have jobs over the summer, as long as they were making passing grades. Marko hated it but he was unwilling to let Michael be the only one with a bike. Which he now doubly wanted after asking his brother about the reason he suddenly started doing things to earn money.

Since he asked, Marko told him about his desire causing Michael to realize he wanted one as well. After being teased about copying him the brunette got him back by teasing him about not sharing his bike because he'd obviously have the money to get his as he'd been saving for longer.

And thus, began the two boy's competition to see who could earn more money by their sixteenth birthday.

Still, Marko hated his job. It wasn't fast food any longer because, even though he started there the same as Michael, he got fired quickly. Luckily, he showed his skills at a local car garage and they hired him much to his twin's annoyance.

From then on, the other teenager wouldn't let up on making his blonde-haired twin teach him about his knowledge on fixing up cars. Marko gave in and taught him things. Just not enough that he wasn't still currently working at the concession stand at the nearby movie theater, much to the boy's chagrin and his brother's delight.