Chapter 7

Shoto's POV

"Nii-chan! Nii-chan, come and play with me." I heard the sounds of giggles and my little sister's voice resound through my mind.

Confused, I looked around running towards the sound of her voice. Somehow I was inside our home as I ran through the familiar hallways but didn't have time to think as I ran towards her voice.

"Wait for me y/n!" I yelled in desperation trying to reach her.

"Okay but hurry nii-chan I can't wait forever." She responded happily humming a tune our mother used to sing to us as children. Somehow her words struck me deep with sorrow as I ran. 

"I have waited for so long as well y/n." I quietly said back as I finally made it to her. 

Slamming the door open I saw a small frame of a little girl with the same h/c my little sister had. Cautiously I walked towards the young girl and whispered her name. The little girl turned around with the same usual grin y/n would always give me.

Her little face turned into a pout folding her arms, " What took you so long nii-chan? Well no matter let's play now", she smiled grabbing my hand and all I could do was give her a crooked smile and follow her to the courtyard.

She had many of her favourite toys laid out on the ground which I never enjoyed liked playing with but always tolerated only to see her happy. She sat on the floor patting the sand next to her and stayed silent the whole time.

"Why aren't you talking? Do you hate spending time with me or something?" she said sadden holding her toys close to her chest.

I immediately shook my head and patted her head to comfort her.

"I could never hate spending time with you y/n. Never" I said with as much emotion I could muster.

I knew this was a dream, I knew it was and yet I didn't want to wake up at all. Here she was alive, here I could see her smile and not have to wake up knowing she was no longer with the living.

"Good because I like spending time with you too. Remember we will always be together forever!" She yelled with her hands in the air cheering but her words made me feel even more helpless and useless.

Then I felt two hands on either side of my cheeks being pulled upwards, looking up I saw the familiar stern look she would always give whenever I felt down.

"Nii-channnnnn! Be happy, not sad. Whatever it is you are going through I will always be there to help so don't look sad because your awesome little sister is here to help." She said with her usual cheerful voice trying to calm me, just like she did when we were kids.

"I miss you. I miss you so much," was all I could say because I really, really did miss her.

"Awww don't worry nii-chan. I'm not going anywhere."

As she said those words, my vision turned into darkness, the image of my sister fading. I panicked seeing her vanish trying to get to her I called out her name and she never answered. I closed my eyes to try to calm down but it never seemed to work whenever it involved my sister.

"It's all just a dream," I said aloud placing a hand over my forehead.

I was back in reality, a reality in which she was no longer in. Looking out the window, I saw the sun rise meaning classes would begin. I quickly slipped on my uniform, ate breakfast then heading off to class. Today we were going to train in a arena to hone our skills. I didn't need to though, all I needed to do was become a hero as quick as possible.

I said nothing to anyone as we all entered the arena and meet with the villains. My blood began to boil seeing their faces but on the surface I was emotionless and calm. They were the people who took my sister, so they will be the ones I need for answers. Trying to analyse the situation, I thought of multiple routes to take until we were all teleported to different areas.

Somehow I ended up with the annoying blond haired boy. Before I could suggest a plan he ran off towards the villains leaving me behind. As I predicted he was easily subdued from the villains and ruining our chances of escaping alive. I ran towards them and saw a girl who looked around our age about to strike him once more. Without hesitation I blasted ice in her direction from further attacking bakugou. 

The girl growled as she stood up looking around before her body snapped at my direction. Her eyes were covered and she wore the same colors that my little sister loved and even had the same hair color as well. Getting ready to fight I focused my attention on her until I got a good view of her facial features. Wait a moment, the color of her hair, her height, these were only a few points I could think of now but I somehow knew who it was.

I couldn't believe my eyes, she is standing right in front of me, alive and breathing. My baby sister is alive. I could hear the yells of bakugou yet could not understand the words he screamed or maybe I just didn't want to. She's alive. Staring at her face, I could never mistake her for anyone else I knew it was her.

Anxious, I spoke in a calm tone,"y/n?".

The girl froze on the spot and slowly said, " Nii-chan? Is that you?" and I felt my heart stop at that moment. I knew this wasn't another one of my dreams.

She is alive. Ignoring the pain she just gave to my comrade I ran and hugged her, not thinking clearly at all, just hugging her. Why are you with them? How are you alive? Where were you? These were only a few of the questions I could think of but simply seeing her alive and breathing had overwhelmed me.

What did they do to her?! Why did she help them. Surely they are holding her captive and I will do everything to help her as I failed her once and I never intend on doing it again. That was until I felt the bones of my ribs crack as I fell to the ground. I looked around and saw her stare at me expressionless, looking so foreign to me, not like the sister I grew up with.

I tried to get up to reach her as she slowly walked away yet an unknown force held me down causing the bones in my body to break ever more. Wait! Don't leave. I yelled out anxiously and she stopped but the words she spoke horrified me.

"Give up on being a hero. That is my one and only warning." she said in a cold and emotionless tone that I would use with everyone I spoke to yet hearing it from her horrified me beyond compare.

Trying to raise, my body collapsed once more and I grunted in pain. What is holding me back, I couldn't use my quirk to raise no matter how much I tried and that was when an unknown voice entered my mind.

'You are too late boy. Your little sister is dead and now she is my loyal disciple. Don't ever think that weak girl you once knew as children will ever return to you', the voice laughed as the force increased ten folds more but releasing all its power.

I slowly raised and spat the blood flowing from my mouth onto the ground. I took multiple breaths and glanced at bakugou as I melted the ice on to of his body and saw him still alive. I walked over and kicked his body until he woke.

Whoever the bastard who took my sister and caused me so much pain can think he'll take my sister away from me and ruin her life, guiding her into the wrong path, he is going to be in a world of pain when I get my hands on him. I looked down and said, " Get up, we have work to do."

"Piss off as if I need to listen to you," Bakugou spat back as he got up and we both ran into the direction of smoke to reach our classmates as quick as possible.

I was silent the whole way there and I closed my eyes for a slight second. Others may not have noticed but I saw the look of despair and reluctance on her face when I saw her fight with Bakugou. Although I didn't realize before, I knew some of the little girl I knew was still there. Whatever her reason for being with them was, I would get her back where I would never let our father harm her ever again.

Opening my eyes once more, I quietly said to myself.

"Wait for me y/n, I failed you once and I never plan on failing you ever again."