t e n

Ian Walker

Riley Green waltzed right into my heart and destroyed it, wrecked it, demolished it, absolutely smashed it. She was inside of me, in more than one way. She ran through my mind on a never ending loop the same way she ran through my veins like blood. She was pumped in and out of my heart, in and out of my mind, she circulated through my body and took over every aspect of me. The worst part of it all, was that I was the only one experiencing it.

I kissed her bare skin, and took off my clothes and molded into her, to her we just had sex, but to me it was everything pleasurable in the entire universe wrapped into one. But it didn't only pleasure me physically, it was a dream to be that close and intimate with Riley, a privilege, something I never thought would happen. So why did I feel like this?

She left me in the basement, and I heard her turn on the shower, then I heard her turn off the shower, I heard doors closing, and I could only assume she'd gone to bed without a second thought about me. Whereas I stayed up in the basement, on the creaky futon, in nothing but my boxer briefs, and I thought about her, unwillingly. She invaded my thoughts the entire night, and for the rest of the weekend, and even still now a week later.

She hardly spoke to me at all the rest of that weekend, she barely spoke in general but even less so. I'm almost sure that everything she does to me now has bad intentions.

It took everything in me to wake up every morning knowing that I had sex with Riley and it meant nothing. It took even more to wake up on Saturday and roll out of bed, and try to prepare myself for group therapy.

When I drove into town, I was surprised to see Riley leaned against her car outside the recreational center. She turned her head and caught sight of me as I was parking. It was like she was waiting for me, she was a cheetah, and I was a pathetic gazelle, and she was about to snatch me right up.

Knowing I had no other choice, I turned off my car and stepped out, she made her way towards me, and I took several cautious steps towards her. I scanned her up and down, but tried not to stare, it only gave her confidence and I couldn't afford for her to be any more confident right now. She was wearing a romper, it was mostly black but it had a few details and flowers on it, I didn't look long enough to see, and over it a flannel with greens and blues on it. The flannel was large on her and falling off her shoulders. Also she had on her black combat boots that she wore all the time, I always noticed because I liked them.

When she was standing in front of me, she cocked her head to the side and smirked. More than anything I wanted to lean forward and kiss her, I was so close but she made it so that she felt virtually unreachable. Finally she spoke.

"How're you doing Ian?"

Awful.

"Fine."

I swallowed a lump in my throat and moved closer to her, towering over her and trying to come off a bit more intimidating, but of course it didn't work, she didn't even blink.

"And how are you doing?" Her smirk spread across her face and she shifted her weight onto her other foot,

"I'm doing great, just fantastic." She dictated the t's and c in 'fantastic' and then blinked and walked away, towards the building.

Trying to speak to Riley was like trying to hold in my vomit, I literally felt like I was going to throw up the words 'I love you' along with my lunch.

When I walked into the room, most everyone was sitting, and the session was beginning. We recited the quote and Kathy started talking, and I was focused on other things as per usual.

I was staring at Riley, her long tan legs and her dark wavy hair, her captivating eyes and all the freckles surrounding them that you could only notice if you looked closely and-