Date night

David's P.O.V~
When Tyler came back he was smiling, "What's that look for ya goofball?" I asked and he pointed across the road, "Surprise date-" he said, and I gasped. "Really?" I asked, feeling like a five year old about to go on a Ferris wheel, "Yes really.." he said and wrapped his arms around me, pulling me into a warm hug. I sighed in relief and leaned into his chest with a satisfied smile on my face. We watched boats enter the docks for a while and we found a large grassy area where we could sit for a while, until it was time to head to the restaurant at least. I fell backwards onto the grass and Tyler sat beside me, I pulled him into a snuggle and we watched as the last few boats made Thier way into the docking area. I felt like I was being watched, and Tyler looked around. I turned and saw a group of random teens clustered near a large tree, they sneered at us and I glared at them angrily. Tyler tried to ignore them and I did too, until one of them walked up to us and spoke in a leering tone, "Can you faggots go get a room?" I stood up and cracked my neck. "Don't test me bitch, I'll kick your ass so hard you won't be able to sit down for the next month." I told him in a menacing tone, he backed off, which made me feel a bit less tense, I helped Tyler up, his hands were shaking and I growled low in my throat, nobody would threaten Tyler while I was here, unless they seriously wanted a broken nose. I gave his hand a squeeze and he smiled at me gratefully, we walked off, hand-in-hand to the restaurant. When we walked in, the cashier greeted us with a warm smile, I smiled right back and she spoke in a calm voice, "Welcome! May I ask for your reservation number?" Tyler told her the number and she nodded to a waiter near the door, he walked over and the cashier asked him to take us to our seats. We were shown to our table. Tyler gave him a tip and we sat down, while there was an awkward silence hushed over the table, I looked through the menu.
When the waiter came over I hurriedly ordered and Tyler did as well, "Well this is fookin awkward.." I said and Tyler laughed, "Well I guess we should make it less awkward then, what have you been up to lately?" "Thinking about things.. mostly you" I replied with a wink and Tyler laughed. "That's so corny, don't do that." He said, I nodded and then our food arrived, we ate in silence for a bit, and made small talk. "Pssst, David, let's get the fuck outta here-" Tyler whispered and I widened my eyes, he nodded and left the owed amount of money on the table, we stood up and a couple at the nearest table to us sneered in disgust when I put Tyler's coat on. I glared at them as we walked past and when we arrived at the grass field Tyler stopped, I looked back at him and saw that he had tears in his eyes, a walked over and he wiped them away with the heel of his hand, "David, what is wrong with people? Can't they accept that a man can love a man?" He asked sadly. I kissed his forehead and spoke gently, "who cares what they think? If anything they're just jealous" "Pfft I've heard that one before.." "Seriously, don't worry about it, they can deal with their own problems." I leaned down and kissed him, and I heard a gasp, I looked up only to see lui and the others waiting in the parking lot.
Heh, well shit...