Everlasting Melody (IV)

He LiGe tilted his head as he could not recognize the youth before him. Based off of their uniform that signified that they were from a wealthy family, there was nothing else about them that rang a bell. The moment where he felt the tug of his soul was only transiently, as he felt nothing as of this moment.

He LiGe, "Um, hello to you. You must be a new student here. Are you lost? You can call me Teacher He, I will be instructing violin lessons here."

They shook their head, "I am a new student... But I'm not lost. I was just on my way to class. Pardon me for my rudeness, my name is Tan Bingyi. It's nice to meet you, Teacher He."

Espying Bao Bao's reaction, He LiGe decided it would be better to ask Bao Bao and find out what is going on. He nodded, "Mmn. You should be getting to class, Tan Bingyi. Classes will start soon."

They bowed and walked off in the direction they had come from. He turn to Bao Bao, who was pursing their lips.

<What's wrong?>

[Host, that is Yan Yu... He tried to communicate with you telepathically but was unable to. It seemed that something was preventing him from fully making the connection.]

He LiGe raised his eyebrow and started making his way to his first class.

<What did he want to tell me?>

Bao Bao snorted thinking about the message.

[Yan Yu was delivering a message from his master, Sheng Huo... They said not to attract bees and butterflies and to wait for him.]

It caused even more confusion for He LiGe. Attract? How has he attracted anyone? He was feeling lost at their message for him. He had just arrived in this world... There was no one that he had enthralled yet. Wan Siyu was someone who was attached to the old He LiGe and not him, the only other one he had interacted with would be... Gao Min. Had they seen him and their exchange just now?

He LiGe scanned around the area but did not see anyone else. He chuckled, it seemed that their lover this time around was more childish. There was still one question that bothered him, he asked.

<So the feeling that I had felt from my soul, was caused by them?>

Bao Bao nodded.

[Mhm. When we communicate through telepathy, it is through the soul. Yan Yu was trying to establish the link but his soul force was deflected.]

<Then what about you and me, Bao Bao?>

He hadn't felt that sensation before and they have been communicating with each other telepathically since the first world. Bao Bao explained.

[We establishes the link upon entering a contract with each other, host. That is why host didn't feel anything when we communicated the first time.]

He LiGe gave a slight nod. Naturally, he wouldn't know as he hadn't met another system and host pair, nor has anyone tried to establish a link with him.

Bao Bao looked away as he uttered the last of their message.

[He also said that... He and Xiao Jun misses you very much.]

It caused the corners of his mouth to uplift.

<En. I miss them too.>

Bao Bao remained silent the rest of the way, thinking about what Yan Yu has woken to him about. They had told him that they would come find him after the day was over, and he had a feeling that it would be about his jiejie. He let out a deep sigh as he remembered the fight between him and his jiejie.

———

He had gone to visit them as he had always done as he waited for his host to return, when he was met with an explosive Wei CaiXia. They pointed a finger to him, "Xiao Bao, you're an idiot! Why do you let his words sway you so easily?"

Bao Bao's lips flatten into a straight line, "Because I trust his words. I trust him, jiejie."

They rubbed their glabella in vexation, "Xiao Bao, listen to your jiejie. He's only going to hurt you again at the end. Have you forgotten about the rumors as well?"

Bao Bao looked down, "But that was before, jiejie. He's different now and that was before he met me."

Wei CaiXia became silent, they just stared at Bao Bao with sad eyes. They could see the resolution in their eyes and faced their back to him, "You'll see what I mean sooner or later, Xiao Bao. Don't come crying to me, I had warned you ahead of time."

Bao Bao was unable to stop them from leaving and watch them depart. With a sullen heart he walked back.

Though he could understand Wei CaiXia's concern for him, he was not a naive child that was oblivious to everything around him. Yes, he knew of the rumors that surrounded Yan Yu. Bao Bao put his entire faith in Yan Yu, he understood the past was something you cannot change. It had been written already.

———

He LiGe could sense the mixed emotions coming from Bao Bao and immediately knew what was troubling the little elf.

<Don't worry. Everything is going to be fine, Bao Bao.>

Bao Bao have a reassuring smile that he was okay.

[Bao Bao knows. Thank you though, host.]

———

By the time they reached the classroom, they had only three minutes left before class would have started. He opened the door to his morning class, it was located in one of the large music rooms and walked into the room. Although he had never taught before as a teacher in any of his previous lives, he felt that it couldn't be so difficult for him.

From a single glance, he could immediately recognize the three outstanding youths in the classroom. All of them had very distinctive and distinguishable features. One of youths was Tan Bingyi, who he had met in the hallway. They had a lax and uncaring look. The second one was Tuan CangHai, they had a gentle and elder brother look. The last one was the world's protagonist, Song WuYou. They had a aloof and quiet demeanor to them that made it hard for others to try and approach them.

Only one of them had caught his attention when he made eye contact with them. It made the smile on his face deepened as there was finally that spark and stir inside of his soul.

He LiGe introduced himself and began class, he went over the attendance and then had everyone give out a small introduction about themselves. When hearing three of them give their introduction, it elicited a reaction from the rest of the students. Many of them giggled as some would gasp out loud. He LiGe understood why from his initial research on information pertaining to the two, Ruan CangHai and Song WuYou.

They were mini celebrities in the music industry, something that wasn't supposed to happen as Song WuYou was to make his debut here at school. But that only made things easier for him as both of their talents are already known.

Class continued and at the end of the period, he had them turn in a notecard about themselves to him and a small worksheet so that he would know where everyone was. One by one, the students came up to give him their paper and card. The last student finally came up. When they were handing over the materials, their hand slowly glided ever so lightly against his hand and he had caught the mischievous and provocative light in their eyes as they turned to leave.

As He LiGe walked down the hall, he rubbed the area where they had touched him. It felt as if he had been branded there. He looked at the note card of the student who was last and his lips curved into a beautiful bow shape. He faintly whispered, "Song WuYou."