Showstopper (XXIII)

The screams and sobs drifted through the air tauntingly at the others who followed behind. The group after the first couple dryly laughed. Two full grown men acting as if they were headless chicken? How shameful. Shying their bodies away from the figure that fell from the ceiling upside down, hanging in the middle of the hallway. The two of them made their way up the stairs with bored faces. This was a haunted house, right? How come... It was so regular?? Okay, sure it was much scarier than the regular haunted houses that they've been to... But like... They expected it to be something more.

The two had forgotten that being horror enthusiasts, their mentality had been hardened to a point where a regular horror movie was like a walk in the park for them. It was like comparing a regular human with a regular human skull to a person with a carbon steel skull and the two had to face a bullet to the head. Without a doubt, the regular human would die from the shot and the person with that goddamn carbon steel skull would survive. Don't even mention the genre thriller, that was considered too subpar for the two.

Rubbing their brows as they walked over to the door with the lights on, they sighed in disappointment at the display. Another bathroom? Da Feiji¹ thought back to the other bathroom scene and sighed. The female ghost there stood up too fast and slipped and fell from their own puddle of water. It was quite a comical scene to see...

Ru Yitao strode forward and turned his head around to try and find the reenactor but didn't see anyone. Raising an eyebrow, his lips flattened. They were thinking of using the element of surprise? Looking over at his partner that was scrutinizing the details, he tapped on his shoulder, "Ah Fei, do you think that this one will be different?"

Da Feiji shook his head, "Should be about the same."

They glanced at each other and felt a little disappointed. Seeing that they've been inside of the room for over five minutes but not a soul has been seen yet, they just shrugged their shoulders. Should they wait for Ms. Female Ghost to finish shitting before leaving? Of course, not.

Walking over to the door, a sudden squeaking noise entered their ears. The two of them stopped in their tracks and glanced at each other. Has it finally decided to show itself? Looking over their shoulder, they saw a faint silhouette in the glass shower dressed in red. Da Feiji squinted his eyes. Why didn't he see this earlier? He was sure that he had looked over the room in a thorough manner...

A hand touched the glass that obscured its figure and a red handprint was left behind. The other hand touched the glass and another handprint appeared. Ru Yitao gulped and looked at his friend.

They had both expected it to be a scare... But rather, this was more subtle and less dramatic. The hand slid off the glass, creating a smear of red. It was evident what was going to happen next, and the two of them stared at the glass with anticipation. They wanted to see and rate this female ghost. The door to the shower soon shook as something tried to open it from within.

The squeaking sounds from the door wheels sliding, made Da Feiji and Ru Yitao's heart beat faster. They were slowly getting closer to seeing the figure. What followed after was unsuspecting to the two of them and caused them to have chills even for someone with their expertise.

A sudden coldness touched the two of their shoulders and made the hairs on the back of their neck rise. A breath of cold air fanned onto the backs of their necks as an unnerving voice murmurs in their ears, "I've got you now..."

As soon as that word was spoken, the pressure exerted from their hands increased and made their knees feel weak. Making eye contact with a drenched figure in a traditional red cheongsam with fresh blood seeping from its seven orifices, their hearts jumped. Those cold black orbs stared at them with a strange malevolence that they haven't seen before. There was the real fear inside that they were going to be killed by this entity and caused the soy sauce adrenaline pumping in their veins to finally do its job. They fumbled their way out of its grasp and ran towards the door.

Da Feiji's knees weren't as good as Ru Yitao and he fell flat on his face. The familiar coldness from his shoulder touched his ankles and tugged at him. He couldn't help but glance down to see a head of blackness and the pale white hands.

Using his strength, he tried to pull away but found that even with his fit body, he wasn't able to break their hold. The voice called out again, "I've got you... I've got you... I've got you now."

Very scared for his life for the first time ever, he shouted for his partner, "Ah Yi, save me!"

Hearing the scream for help, Ru Yitao finally realized that his friend wasn't beside him and turned back. His pupils constricted as he saw the eerie figure slowly crawl up his friend who had fallen. Cursing a belly full of words, he rushed back and lifted Da Feiji by his armpits and ran backward.

As if its food had been stolen, it suddenly burst in speed and crawled quickly after them. All Ru Yitao could say was 'SHIT' and quickened his pace. As soon as they were out the door and in the corridor, the figure retreated with disclination and disappeared from Ru Yitao's view.

Only then did he let loose his tense muscles and fell flat on his butt, while Da Feiji fell right onto his crotch area. The two stayed still in their positions and didn't move for the time being. Their eyes were locked onto each other's face filled with awkwardness. Coughing, Da Feiji got up with a red face and rubbed his nose. He didn't mean to rub against it, alright? Ru Yitao tactfully didn't say anything either and stood up. He reached his hand out, "Hold onto my hands, that way you won't fall behind next time."

---

¹Da Feiji: 打飞机 a slang meaning to fire one's gun. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

²Ru Yitao: 如意套 means condom. Predominantly used in Singapore and Malaysia and not mainland China. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)