Showstopper (XXII)

Running for their lives, one of the people pulled their partner to a stop and smacked their back, "Older brother, why are we screaming?"

The older one was a comedian and very well known figure within the entertainment circle. His face was so ugly, his younger brother had the itch to smack off that intolerable face. He looked as if he had just shat his pants and didn't know what to do. Xian Youqian's¹ mouth twitch and he smacks the side of his brother's head, "Older brother, stop messing around. What did you see?"

Xian Youquan² made a pouty face and hugged his brother, "I saw..."

He whispered the last part, "You."

Xian Youqian's face darkened even more and he bit his brother's shoulder, causing another bout of screaming to occur. Rubbing his shoulder, Xian Youquan whined in seven twists and eight turns³, "Ah, ah, ah, you can't do this to your older brother~ How can we—"

Xian Youqian covers his mouth quickly as he knew the words this shameless man was going to spout next. He gnashed his teeth, "If you say one more word, don't even think about getting into my bed for the next month!!"

Hearing his younger brother's threat, he obediently nodded his head and raised his right hand as if to swear on it. Only after that gesture did Xian Youqian release his monstrous hold. It was only after looking up did his face pale, and it was his turn to scream and pull his brother.

Outside, many of the guests had their ears perked up. Was it that scary, or was that the sound effects from the exhibits? Two of the guests were especially excited to come. Obviously, it wasn't for the show itself but rather for a person. Holding him in his arms, a smile crept onto his lips and he kissed the face before him. The smaller figure was fumbling with his hands and looked up, "Will we see him?"

The taller man chuckled and nodded, "Yes, they're waiting inside."

Beaming an adorable smile, he glanced up at the house with sparkly eyes. Soon, he would be able to see him.

Another person stood behind the two and was glancing at the watch on his wrist. His cold gaze was penetrating but there was a softness inside of them that many were unaware of. He had used the excuse of being invited by an old friend to be able to see that mischievous devil who had failed to contact him since this morning. Even though he had just received a message from them, concerning the reason, he still wanted to see them.

The smaller figure in the other man's arms waved at him with a bubbly smile, causing his cold countenance to melt even further. A barely noticeable smile was invoked onto his lips. It was as if the sun was shining in the subarctic zone once again.

When it was finally their turn, all three entered inside without a hint of emotion on their face. The door staff was shocked at seeing their figure and wiped the sweat on his face. What a day this was. To see such a big shot come all the way down here. What the door staff didn't know was that an even bigger shock was coming on its way and was going to blow the whole team and casts away. The world would then receive a major shock, almost causing cardiac arrest in everyone when this episode was aired but that's a story for another day.

Up ahead, the first group finally made it to the stairwell going onto the third floor. Just as they were given a breather, a black mass fell from the ceiling and scared their soul away. Shouting like teenage girls, Xian Youqian and Xian Youquan doubled the strength and ran up the flight of stairs.

Coming upon the only open door, they hesitantly peered inside. A bathroom? Looking in all corners of the room from the doorway, they didn't happen to see any figures inside and slightly put down their guard. What the fuck?! Was this finally their rest stop?

Exaggerating martial art stances as if ready to take on anything that was headed their way, the two of them walked inside. Xian Youqian held onto his brother's hand tightly, making the other one feel a warmth in his chest. Even if they were both scaredy cats and Xian Youqian knew that they would be going to a haunted manor, he still volunteered to be his partner in this event. Xian Youquan squeezed back, trying to reassure his partner.

At the halfway point, they found nothing wrong so far and lowered their guard even more. Upon almost reaching the door, the lights inside the room started to flicker. Immediately, the two of them bolted towards the door only for the lights to turn off and hearing multiple doors slam shut.

As soon as the lights came back on, they were no longer stable but flickered on and off continuously. A sound of the surface water being disrupted reverberated clearly inside of the room, causing the two of them to turn around. Shedding tears for how fucked they were, their eyes bulged out as the saw a pale translucent hand come up from the tub and gripped onto the rim of the tub. Not only did they notice that they were fucked beyond fucked, but the hand was also slender looking with its nails painted black.

Another hand popped up and a bone popping sound was emitted. Xian Youqian and Xian Youquan were like deers stuck in headlights and stood frozen in the same spot.

Even though they knew what was going to come next, it still scared the daylights out of the two. A black object slowly rose from the covers of the bathtub, exposing the long wet tendrils that cascaded down like a waterfall. Their eyes followed down from the top of the head and were met with one bloodshot eye leaking crimson liquid from its tear ducts. Xian Youqian was actually so scared that he started crying at this point. His older brother was about to cry next but his protective instincts shot out and he ran to the door holding his brother's hands. Wrangling the doorknob, Xian Youquan tried to open the door only to find that it was locked.

Looking back, he saw the figure move in a spine chilling way and his pupils constricted. Ah, fuck, fuck, fuck! Was this an actual horror movie instead of a haunted mansion exhibit? Where did they hire such a good actress to play this role, ah?! That one before wasn't as scary as this one!

The sounds of bones popping continued to echo as the figure moved in a rigid manner. Droplets of water splashed onto the marble floor as it made its way onto the floor of the bathroom. Landing on all four eerily, its long black hair seemed to almost web out as if to reach the two. The long white dress on its body only added to the spookiness of the scene.

Crawling on all four with the same rigidness it used to come out, it was heading to their location. By a stroke of luck, the door that had been locked was now unlocked. The boulder in Xian Youquan's heart was alleviated immediately and he pulled open the door.

Still holding onto Xian Youqian's hand as he madly dashed forward, he didn't dare to look back. Once they were far enough, he would comfort him in his embrace.

---

¹Xian Youqian: 先有钱 means have money first.

²Xian Youquan: 先有权 means have power first.

³Seven twists and eight turns: an idiom that means improper manner.