Christmas Special Release: Arc 1 - A Snowman

A/N: First release of the night for the specials~! There will be one more...

——

In the reticent night, a large snow storm blew in from the east. Inside of the tenebrous room, a youth sat on his bed looking outside. His long platinum blonde hair cascaded down his chest and back, it coruscated underneath the moonlight. A shadow covered the upper part of his face but it could not conceal those irrefutable crystalline emerald eyes.

For the first time in his life, Wei Xiao experienced 'winter' in this vessel of his. Pure and diaphanous snowflake capered in the glacial winds. Unperturbed by the filth of this world, they continued to drift down onto the hiemal grounds.

Thin white sheets blanketed the city, lulling everyone into a deeper layer of dreams. Sleep, something that came for everyone but him.

Wei Xiao lifted the blanket off of his body and hobbled his way over to windows covered in lines of hoarfrost crystals. Touching the freezing glass, Wei Xiao did not pull his hand away. His first initial encounter with the cold elements. Lowering his lashes, he thought about the man who left him here, alone.

He wasn't aware of when the seed germinated inside of him, but by the time he knew it, it had already started to bloom. Inch by inch, they filled parts of his heart. Being with them felt different as there was no pitiful gaze nor fear of accidentally saying the wrong thing, he just felt at peace with them by their side.

The warmth and sensation of his fingers were waning and they began to numb up, but he did not fear the cold. It wasn't uncomfortable for him, and kept his mind clear.

As Wei Xiao was gazing off, a notification sound disturbed the tranquil ambiance and brought his attention over to it.

On the screen was:

[You have received a message from Xi Ge.]

Wei Xiao's hand hesitantly picked up the handheld device and unlocked it. They had known each other for nine months and it had been two months since his departure from his life already, leaving a hollow lacuna in its place. Even if he was unsure that what he felt was really his feelings, his soul shook with anticipation as he glanced at the loading screen.

Seeing what the message was, the corners of his lips curved up, giving a hazy but tender smile on his face.

He carefully selected the words to convey his feelings and pressed the 'send' button. Sounds of the notification accompanied him from night until early morning. Only when Wei Xiao's eyelashes drooped did he send one last message. Reading their response, he allowed his consciousness to slip and he fell asleep.

On the screen of the unlocked phone, it showed a perfectly formed snowman with circular curves. The task looked impossible to complete and would've been a masterpiece if not for the aesthetics of the clothing choice. It had a black top hat on top of the head, two beady black dots for its eyes, a carrot stick for its nose, eight smaller black beads for its mouth, a red scarf, two branches for its arm, and three large black beads for the buttons. In the background, flurries of snow poured down, creating a very beautiful picture.

The caption that was sent with this photo was:
[A snowman for you. This is something they taught me here and I thought that you would like it, Xiao'er.]
Xi Ge

The messages below were very short and simple, but there was no need for superfluous words.

Xiao Xiao: [Thank you, Xi Ge. Stay warm.]

Xi Ge: [Not asleep yet? It is very late.]

Xiao Xiao: [I was admiring the snow.]

Xi Ge: [Next time, I will accompany you and we can make a snowman together.]

Xiao Xiao: [You must keep your word, Xi Ge.]

Xi Ge: [Always.]

Xiao Xiao: [Good night.]

Xi Ge: [Good night, and remember to stay under the blanket. It can get cold and you might get sick.]

Xi Ge: [If it gets too cold, ring for the servants to turn up the heater.]

Xiao Xiao: [I will. Take care.]

Xi Ge: [I will.]