Arc 10: Showstopper (I)

Returning to his space, Bao Bao strutted some poses with great enthusiasm.

[Congratulations, my baby~! You've completed your ninth world!! ₍₍ ◝( ‾ ω ‾ )◟ ⁾⁾]

He cackled and in his excitement, his hands clicked on the fireworks button.

Ains: (((╹д╹;)))

Bao Bao: ━(◯Δ◯∥)━ン

(A/N: Here we go again...)

The loud noises and bright lights left the two feeling as if they had just been birth into this world. Ains pinched the bridge of his nose after the fireworks had finished their melodramatic show, he must remind Bao Bao to sell those things. They were almost as bad as the microwave which he still refuses to touch or use.

Pitifully sighing, Bao Bao rubbed his eyes red.

[Sorry, host...] It was an accident... Bao Bao swears!

Ains chuckled, "It's okay."

Bao Bao blinked his eyes in shock. Has a demon possessed his host? Why is he laughing now? Scrutinizing his own baby, he finds that they are more approachable than they were initially and had warmed up almost all of the way to him. Originally, it felt to Bao Bao as if his host only had three moods, being scary, seeking death, and being diligent in earning points. Now he could find happiness, laughter, being badass, excitement, anticipation, worry, and sadness in him. It was not so black and white.

Subconsciously smiling, Bao Bao giggled.

[Hehe. (๑•́ ౪ •̀๑)ゞ

Completing an AA difficulty world, host has obtained 75,000 points for achieving the desired results from main quests. As for the side missions, host has completed ⅔, only awarding host with 75,000 points. Host has completed four hidden missions allotting 350,000 points. With all the gained points added together with the previous balance, host has 2,158,000 points available.

Host doesn't need to open the store, right?]

Nodding, Ains hummed, "En."

[Then, let's move onto the skills~! Here are the available skills.]

{Skills:

Acting

Singing

Dancing

Photography

Art of Seduction}

Looking over his options, Ains debated for a moment before clicking on 'singing'. Since there wasn't much left that he wanted to learn, so he chose what he wanted to work on. Even if his voice was passable, it was not amazing and for his lover and baby, he wanted his vocal skills to become better.

Being taken into the training field, he saw a holographic figure standing in the middle of a classroom with some electrical devices, a computer, headphones, and a microphone. It tilted its head slightly, "Welcome. Here you will learn the art of vocalization. Once you have reached the desired level, you will be able to leave this space."

Pressing the power button on the computer, the holographic figure smiled, "Let us begin the training session."

The screen to the computer lit up and a gentle song was playing in the background.

---

Spending only twelve years, Ains eventually left the training space. Stroking the front side of his neck, his throat felt a little parched and dry from singing almost nonstop inside of the private space. Someone's arm looped around his neck from behind and hugged him.

[Welcome back, my baby! Bao Bao missed you~]

Feeling that his system was being a little funny, Ains let out a smile and gently patted the soft bed of hair, "Thank you and I missed you too."

An explosion of confetti fell down on the two and Bao Bao gave an unrestrained and exuberant laugh.

[Bao Bao can't believe that Bao Bao has spent over almost three thousand years with host. Bao Bao feels grateful to have met you.]

Agreeing as well, Ains nodded, "I'm glad to have met you as well, Bao Bao."

Touching his blushing cheeks as if he was a fair maiden that had just fallen in love, Bao Bao asked coyly.

[Are you ready to depart onto the next world yet, host?]

Giving a small grunt, he consented, "Let's go. They're waiting for us."

Doing a magical girl transformation pose with a peace sign, Bao Bao sang.

[Then starting transferring procedure~! Initializing transfer... 45 seconds until transfer... 30 seconds... 20... 10... 5, 4, 3, 2, 1, 0.]

---

Regaining his equilibrium, Ains opened his eyes to see a blur of black rushing at him. The small object crashed into his figure and snaked its arm around his hip and its legs around his waist. "Mommy~!"

The little baozi latched onto his waist like a koala and refused to budge. His watery brown eyes peeped up at him. Ains glanced down at the little bunbun and was a little bewildered. He did not think that they would meet so soon. Was it by chance or was it his husband's doing? Regaining his thoughts, he smiled and rubbed the short black bed of hair. "Xiao Jun?"

Giggling, he laughed, "Yes, mommy~?"

Swivelling his head around, he didn't sense nor see his lover. "Where's your dad?"

Lin Jun Kai touched his chin, "He's talking with some lady..."

Slightly nodding, Ains gave an 'mmn' before turning to Bao Bao who he expected to jump for joy at seeing his grandson but found him to be still. He was still dumbfounded by how fast his baby was reunited with his little bunbun.

<Bao Bao?>

Snapping back into reality, he jumped and shouted.

[Ah! Bao Bao's bunbun is already here!!]

Lin Jun Kai pouted, "Grandma, I had been here already. It was only you who arrived."

Bobbing his head like that of bobblehead, Bao Bao smacked his forehead.

[Oh, yes. Bao Bao and Bao Bao's baby just got here. Xiao Jun has been here. Mmn. Has been here for a long time already.]

He blinked his eyes blankly as he stared at his grandmother. He was not an old man okay? Just because it takes him a long time doesn't mean that he's a magician or better yet said, a sage. He's still a child!

Waving his hand, Ains interrupted the two of them, "Send me the plot of this world."

Finally remembering his job, his mouth formed an 'o'. He had forgotten that they needed to do this world's mission. Rubbing his nose Bao Bao started sent over the information about this world and the body in which his baby inhabited.

[Here is the summary for this world, host.]

---

A/N: And... We are finally on the next arc~! Whew... Fufufu. I wanted to try something new. (。•̀౪-)~☆