Beneath the Heavens (XXIX)

A/N: Kek... Another mistake spotted! Xiong Yiyong is the father and not the grandfather. It has been fixed. Just another heads up! Also, there will be two double releases tomorrow, meaning four chapters!

---

Hearing them continue to disparage him, Fu Yemu gritted his teeth, "Please let me see uncle, I have something urgent to tell him. I am the son of the Sect Leader Fu!"

The disciple rolled their eyes, "Yeah and I'm the son of the Heavens."

His chest heaving heavily, he was at his limit but just as he was going to yell at them, he descried a figure he knew. Fu Yemu waved his hand, "Big brother Feng!"

Xiong Jifeng turned his head at him and furrowed his brows together, "Xiao Ye?"

Fu Yemu bobbed his head, "It's me, big brother Feng. I need to see your grandfather!"

Xiong Jifeng swept his eyes at the disciple, "You report to the disciplinary hall, lectures are still going on but you dare escape to go dawdle out here?"

The disciple jumped up in surprise. They were shaking in fear and subserviently obeyed the order. Running away as if their ass was on fire, their silhouette disappeared behind the gates. He strode over and stood before Fu Yemu, his towering height was a little intimidating to him. "What brings you all the way here?"

Fu Yemu looked up his eyes shooting out bright rays of light, "Let me see uncle, I have important matters to discuss with him."

Rubbing his glabella, Xiong Jifeng shook his head, "Father can't come out at the moment. He's still busy trying to reorganize the sect."

Big question marks appeared above his head. "Father? What about your grandfather, big brother Feng?"

Sighing, he led them into the sect. On the way, he explained what happened. The old Sect Leader Xiong had received a grave injury in the battle against the devious beast Qiongqi. Unable to recover from the critical would, he lost his life later on in the morning of the next day. His father, Xiong Yiyong had to take over the sect after their unexpected death. His grandfather was still in great shape, and so the sect wasn't supposed to be passed on until after the next decade. As a result, his death caused a disruption in their ranks and there was a need for order in the sect, so Xiong Yiyong was swimming up to his head in dealing with any problems and taking the mantle.

After settling inside of the guest hall, Xiong Jifeng inquired about the 'serious' problem. Fu Yemu saw that there was nothing wrong with telling him so he opened his mouth, "My father is practicing the dark arts, he wants to revive someone bad and killed my mother to keep her from talking!"

His face turned ugly right away from those words, and Xiong Jifeng ended up censuring him, "Everyone knows what happened to aunt. You cannot slander uncle as you wish, cousin."

Fu Yemu's mouth gaped open in disbelief. He was not lying! He puffed up his cheeks and argued back. "I'm not slandering my father, big brother Feng! You have to believe me. My father has a hidden chamber in his residence and I accidentally came upon-"

Putting his hand up, Xiong Jifeng stopped him from speaking further. His face darkened and resembled that of clouds in a storm, "Don't speak such lies! Sect Leader Fu risked his life to slay the beast, carrying your mother's sword from its clutches with tears on his face. How can you say that uncle killed aunt?"

He stood up in anger and glared at his older cousin, "Why don't you believe me?!"

Xiong Jifeng scoffed, "Because I witness uncle crying his heart out for aunt after they slayed the beast."

He could fathom that people wouldn't believe him, but this was his cousin and Xiong Yanzi was his aunt. The two of them were quite close... So why... Why couldn't they believe him? Fu Yemu gazed at Xiong Jifeng. He could perceive that there was something else behind the reasoning to why the other wouldn't believe him but he didn't know what his father had done. Balling up his hands into fists, he turned away and walked over to where Fu Aozi was resting. Carrying his small body, he carefully placed him back on his back and bowed at Xiong Jifeng, "I'm sorry to have disturbed you. You don't have to see me off, cousin."

Wiping his tears as he walked, Fu Yemu felt utter disappointment. He had tried his best to reason why the other but Xiong Jifeng's eyes were unwavering. It was clear that he wouldn't believe his words no matter what. He would only be wasting his breath here.

Gazing back at the entrance in which he stepped out of, Fu Yemu bowed his head as a respect for his mother's home. The place in which she spent the majority of her life; a place where she had entered into the world, and the place where she had grown up in. After his bow, Fu Yemu straightened his back and set off for the southeast.

Even if his maternal family didn't believe him, he still wouldn't give up, as there were still two other major sects he could still go to. He didn't believe that there wasn't anyone in this world who couldn't see through his father's facade. All of his life he had been taught about the righteous ways. How they would fend off the evil in the world, how they would mend what was wronged, how morally wrong it was to do this or that... Taught the moral codes to live by... How there would always be retribution to those who were wicked and ignominious.

But why... Why was it that when he begged them, they shook their head and turned him away? Why was it that even if he kowtowed to them and knocked his forehead on the ground until it bled they continued to turn a blind eye to his pleas? Why did they call him a liar? Why couldn't they see the corruptness in his father?

Rubbing his swollen eyes, Fu Yemu stood outside of the Qiyun Mu Sect that seemed to settle on a big cloud. His was crestfallen at how reality failed to meet up with his expectations. He was disheartened that Xiong Yanzi may forever have to suffer through their injustice. She did not die a noble death. Her soul was branded to be locked inside of her corpse and her body was butchered.

Where was the retribution that was supposed to befall on those who did wrong? Where were the 'righteous' sects that were supposed to be upright and virtuous? He could not see that in anyone he came across.

Holding onto the hungry Fu Aozi that was rubbing his empty stomach, he wept his grievances in silence. Was everything he's been taught just for nought? He had held the righteous sect cultivators as heroes in his heart, striving to be like them one day. But now, they seem to be just a fable than something possible in this kind of reality.

Wiping his nose after no more tears would come out, the seed of wrath germinated in his heart. Fu Yemu held onto Fu Aozi tightly as he swore an oath in his heart. Even if the world wouldn't seek justice for his mother, he would take up the task and seek vengeance himself.

Feeling the negative emotions accumulate, An Zhangyi looked onward expressionless. His sense began to distort and his eyesight blurred. Feeling that same sensation once more, he was pulled into the tenebrous darkness.