Lost and Found - Irondad

Tony's POV

"Is that it? That's all of them?" I call out over the intercom, staring around me at all the unconscious or dead bodies across the floor. Hydra workers. We finally got word of another base, and immediately worked out a plan to take them down.

"I've got a couple more in the right wing with Bucky and Sam," Steve replies, heavy breathing and all.

"Me and Wanda have another few out back but it's basically already taken care of," Clint says.

"Where are you?" Nat asks, voice shaky.

"Me? I'm in the main room. Do you need help? Are you okay?" I ask, preparing my thrusters again.

"Get over to the basement now. East Wing, 3rd door on your right, down the stairs and to the left. Out of your suit," she instructs carefully.

I do as asked and leave my suit in the main room on bodyguard mode in case anyone else shows up.

When I get to the basement, my eyes take a second to adjust, but when they do, I'm horrified.

The room is pretty small, with doors leading in every other direction. All plain grey cement, no windows anywhere, a mirror hanging on the far wall, though it's probably one way glass.

There's a metal table covered in different equipment that look freaky in itself; needles, knives, guns, tasers, syringes, whips, and other torture devices I don't even know how to name. There's a metal chair in the center of the room with what I guess is vibranium cuffs.

There's blood stains all over the room. On the floor, on the walls, on the chair, even some on the ceiling.

And then there's the kid.

He's curled up in the corner of the room, staring up at us with big, brown, scared eyes. His brown curls are matted with blood and sweat, looking like it hasn't been washed in weeks. His face is grimy, bloody, and streaked with tears.

He doesn't look any older than 15.

Nat emerges from one of the rooms. "It's all clear down here."

"Hey, kid. It's okay, you're safe now, okay? I'm Iron Man and this is a good friend of mine. We're the avengers. You know the avengers, right?" I say, voice barely above a whisper. I stay a couple feet away from the kid's trembling figure, not wanting to scare him.

He nods ever so slightly, not uttering a word in response.

"We're here to help you, okay? You want to leave, don't you?" I ask, taking a cautious step towards him.

Over the intercoms, Steve is speaking again. "We're all out front. Everything's done. Where are you two?"

Nat turns her back on the kid to respond. "I need you to prep a stretcher and let Bruce know to prep the medbay."

"Why? Are you okay? Is tony?" Steve's voice comes through.

Nat sends me a look, asking if I've got this so she can talk to Steve without being in front of the kid. I nod and she immediately disappears up the stairs.

"Hey, kid, my friends are all getting some doctors ready for you so you can feel a little bit better, okay? I'm going to help you. Can you stand?" I ask softly, as though I'm talking to a child.

He nods, still looking freaked, eyes darting left and right repeatedly, but I ignore his panic deciding to deal with it once were out of this place.

He staggers up to his feet, scrawny body shaking and trembling.  He looks to be on the brink of a mental breakdown. I just need to get him to the quinjet and everything will be fine, but I don't even believe he can walk up the stairs.