The Stars and The Sun - Part Three

(Somebody requested this on AO3 so it's not my fault lmao. It's short and probably sucky bcs it's like two in the morning but idc) 

d4nn4pv17

*

Letters From Peter Parker

Dear Ned Leeds,

You'll hopefully be getting this letter when you visit my apartment after school.

I'm sorry.

I know I should've told you earlier and in person at the very least, but I can't. I can't give you this sort of news before it happens. It's not fair to you, nor is it fair for you to only be finding out after.

I hope you understand.

The thing is, I've known about this for months. For a very, very long time and I just didn't have the courage to even think about it let alone try to explain it to others. I couldn't tell you and force you to pretend to act normal until the day came. So instead, I've written you a letter.

We've been friends for seven years. Seven whole years. We always talked about the adventures we'd have once we hit our ten-year-anniversary. Unfortunately, we'll never make it to our ten years. Seven will have to do.

You knew about Spider-Man. You knew how much of a nerd I am. You knew how much I rambled when I get nervous and my weird little quirks and my bad habits and my sad backstory. And yet you still chose to befriend me. And you stuck by my side even when I was getting bullied and you were forced to take some of it too. You stuck by my side even when I dragged you to movie premieres that you didn't care about. You stuck with me through my obsession with Liz. You stuck with me through my awkward teenage struggles and through my superhero struggles. You stuck with me and for that, I'll forever be thankful.

I don't want to make this terribly long. I don't want to do that to you. I know it's going to be hard to read anyways.

You can keep all my Lego, my movie collection, and you can have all my completed homework if you want.

I know we never really talked about it, but I did really care about you and I know you cared about me too. I know.

-Peter Parker, your favourite vigilante nerd!

*

Dear May Parker,

I feel like I could never thank you enough for the work you put into me. I know I was never the easiest to care for, even before the spider bite.

But you never gave up on me.

I'm sorry I have to do this to you. To leave you like this.

I'm sorry.

I love you. A lot.

You were the best aunt/Sort-Of-Mom I could ask for.

I know after Ben, it was hard for both of us to cope, but I know it was easier for both of us because we had each other. So I'm sorry you have to go through this by yourself. Hopefully Tony will be a shoulder for you to cry on. Or Ned. Or someone. I just hope you won't be alone.

I want you to know that I'm not sad to be going. I had sixteen years and sure, that's not a lot, but I think I had a pretty good run. You made life incredible for me. Even after Ben, you helped me to always see the good in life. So, don't be too sad that I'll be leaving. I'm happy with the life I could live. And I'm sure I'll have lots of people greeting me on the other side.

I love you and I hope you remember that you deserve the world. You don't deserve what life's given you and I hope you carve a new path for your life where you can be truly happy.

Lots of love,

Peter Parker

*

Dear Tony,

Out of all the letters I'm writing for this, yours will always be the hardest. It's hard to write a letter to someone that you haven't had enough time to get to know. It's hard and I wish I didn't have to write this, but it wouldn't be fair to you if I didn't.

You were unbelievably kind when deciding to take me under your wing. You took a chance on a kid from Queens who pretended to be a hero while dressed in a onesie. You took a chance. Thank you.

When I was little, I would hear about you on the news and in class and sometimes Ben would talk about you. You were a hero in my eyes. Always were, always will be. I hope you knew that.

I read every paper you wrote and would learn every subject you talked about. I learned quantum mechanics when I was in middle school just so I could understand a paper you wrote at the time.

For my ninth birthday, I got an Iron Man blanket, an Iron Man onesie, and a textbook on gamma rays. I had a full Iron Man themed birthday party that year.

That's just the start of my obsession.

It all changed when you showed up.

So, I'm sorry I didn't tell you about what's going on. Maybe you could've found a cure, but maybe not. Maybe you would've felt guilty for the rest of your existence about not finding a cure. That's why I decided not to tell you. It's easier for me to accept my death than to have you feel guilty forever. I'm sorry if that's harder for you to hear.

What started off as a mentorship, turned into the best thing I could ever ask for. You were like a father to me. And for that, I'll always be grateful that you took a chance on a kid from Queens.

Please don't feel guilty about this.

Nothing was ever your fault.

Thank you for everything you've done for me.

I love you.

You're my hero.

-Peter Parker

____

this is short sorry and I had zero plan jumping into this so whoops lmao 

also sorry to everyone that's cried bcs of me whoopsies 

STAY HYDRATED MY FRIENDS 

Lyss