Knowledge - Spideypool

{Oops i said I'd do fluff but... sorry?}
{Canon? I don't know her}

Peter falls to his knees the moment he's through the bedroom window. It had been a rough patrol night. Robberies on top of muggings on top of a hostage situation on top of an attempted kidnapping. No, it hadn't been easy at all. Luckily, he made it through the hours with only one person getting hurt. Himself. Not that he minded too much. It wasn't too different than every other night to get hurt on patrol, and Karen said he probably won't need stitches which is a definite plus. 

He taps the spider on his chest, letting the suit fall off his aching body. He lets out a sigh as he rolls his muscles. 

The front door to their apartment opens a moment later with a yell of 'honey, I'm home!'

"In here, Wade!" Peter calls back. Wade doesn't like patrolling with Peter for the sole reason that he's constantly terrified of hurting someone in front of the younger man, knowing Peter hates it when he does that. He still takes jobs as a mercenary, but Peter can't blame him, it's the only thing that keeps the roof over their head. Peter has a job in photography, but that barely pays for groceries. 

Peter stumbles up to his feet, sorting through the closet to try to find something to protect him from the chill that runs down his spine.

The bedroom door pops open and Wade walks in all smiling and cocky, but that fades faster than Peter can even greet him.

"Shit. You don't look too good, baby boy," Wade murmurs, frozen in the doorway. It's not that he hadn't seen Peter's wounds after patrol and these are nowhere near as bad as some of the ones he's seen before, but that doesn't stop the panic from seeping into Wade's lungs.

"Yeah. Took a couple hits from some jerk who thought mugging was cool. Turns out, he had some wicked stick things to fight with. Plus there was a big robbery going down in an electronics store and I ran out of web fluid partway through which was not the easiest thing in the world- Are you okay?" Peter says, stopping his rambling when he notices just how pale Wade's gone.

"Just... Sometimes I forget- I forget that you get hurt like this," Wade murmurs, frowning. His boyfriend is still only in his boxers, a pair of sweatpants forgotten on top of the dresser. There are bruises lining his ribs and stomach, contrasting his soft pale skin. Normally, Wade can admire Peter's beauty for hours at a time. Now, he can barely glance at the galaxy of skin without wanting to throw up. 

Peter tilts his head in confusion, lips pulling down into a frown. "What do you mean? It doesn't hurt, Wade. This is pretty good for a patrol night. No gunshot wounds or stab wounds or anything."

Wade knows that. He knows that it's normal for Peter to get hurt on patrol. He knows that this isn't anything out of the ordinary. He knows that bruises are better than the alternative. But it makes Wade's heart ache with the idea of Peter being hurt.

Sometimes Wade forgets that Peter's not immortal or invincible. As much as Peter may look like a god, Wade knows Peter's not. Peter gets hurt. And Peter will die one of these days. Peter could die any of these days while out on patrol and that thought makes Wade want to wrap Peter up in all the blankets they own and cuddle him until the world ends because that way, Peter will always be safe. 

"Wade?" Peter asks, eyes big with worry and confusion. He looks almost on the verge of scared with how his eyebrows draw in and his beautiful eyes stare up at Wade and he doesn't move to walk any closer. Wade knows that, but it doesn't stop him from throwing his hands up in anger. He knows he shouldn't be angry, but he doesn't know how else to deal with emotions. 

"You just- You just- You have things to lose, Peter!" The words don't make sense, but his brain is too jumbled for things to make sense. He's never been much of an emotions sort of person. He's always just been layers of humour to cover up his self-doubt. He's always just been Deadpool, the mercenary. He's never been Wade, Peter's boyfriend. And he's been through most of the motions of being a boyfriend like the attachment and the anxiety and the protective needs and the desperation and the love. But not whatever this is.