your shadow follows me all day (making sure that i'm okay)

This was originally requested to be Post-IW but it's not Post-Endgame because I'm a bitch :)

Requested by: Gleek327 (This was requested like over two months ago whoops sorry)

EXTREME ENDGAME SPOILERS

*

Everyone knows Peter's not okay.

Pepper sees it in the way his smiles don't touch his eyes.

Happy sees it in the way his words are hollow.

Rhodey sees it in the way he sits still and silent.

Karen sees it in the way he tucks his suit into the back of his closet, not be touched.

Flash sees it in the way he tries to get picked on.

MJ sees it in the way the bags under his eyes and the weight on his shoulders get heavier.

Ned sees it in the way his grades drop, and he refuses to go anywhere but home and school.

Morgan sees it in the way his laugh isn't quite as full as it should be.

Harley sees it in the way he buries himself in blankets and doesn't move for days at a time.

Harley sees it in the way he forgets to eat and doesn't sleep and never leaves his room.

Harley sees it in the way he cries and screams and sobs in the dead of night, nightmares plaguing his few sleeping hours.

Harley sees it in the way he goes blank. Nothing but cold expressions and silent glances and tapping fingers and shrugs.

In the messy rooms and chaotic notes and disastrous mind.

In the Star Wars marathons every few days and the homemade pasta every little while.

In the Italian lullabies hummed under his breath and the MIT alumni hoodies.

In the stolen blankets and tech. In the robots beeping in the living room. In the posters hung on the wall.

In his smiles and his laughs, neither of which really there. Not really full.

In his ghostly complexion except for the bruises underneath his eyes.

In his tears.

Everywhere.

Harley knows it better than the back of his own hand.

Peter's not okay.

Everyone's noticed.

*

May died when the snap happened. Car accident. In the chaos, nobody helped her.

There were a lot of people who died that way. Planes going down, cars flipping, doctors and nurses disappearing.

May died five years ago.

Peter's only known for three months.

Tony died three months ago.

Peter watched it happen.

*

Peter had spent the first few weeks at the cabin with Pepper, Morgan, and Harley.

Harley was meant to be the same age as Peter. A whole seventeen years old. But because Peter was snapped and Harley wasn't, Harley's now five years older than Peter.

Harley likes to hold it over Peter's head that they were both born in 2001, Peter's still seventeen and Harley's twenty-two.

Peter had spent the whole first week falling apart in the basement of the cabin. It had a lock and Harley had bought alcohol and had been like a rock for Peter's drunk, normally crying ass.