Chapter One

Jalena's POV:

-Yes, Mother, I'll come to visit you in a week.-I said on the phone. 

 –Alright then. Be safe. Love you.-Mom said and I hung up. 

I sighed. Coming home means seeing the people you tried to forget for almost four years; those people that hurt, mocked, and pitied you. I sat down and turned on the TV. The CD I put in the morning, played Pirates of the Caribbean. I just love Jack Sparrow; he is so stupid, smart, handsome, annoying, and funny at the same time. After watching absolutely all of them, I dozed off.

* * *

-Miss Hayes, may I have a vacation for about three weeks?-I asked. She looked at me strangely. 

 –Three weeks?-She asked. I nodded. –That is too long! 

 -But I haven't taken any days off for almost four years!-I exclaimed. She punched some keys on her laptop, checking something. 

 –Indeed. –She sighed. –Only three weeks?-She asked. 

 –Maximum four, but I'm planning for three. I want to visit my mom for Christmas and New Years.–I said nervously. She nodded. 

 –Alright, I'm in a good mood today, go ahead. –She rolled her eyes. -You may leave tomorrow. 

 –Thank you so so so much!!!-I smiled. –You're the best. 

 –One so is perfectly fine. No need for three. –She said.–And I know I am. 

 –Thank you!-I repeated.

 So today is Tuesday and if I catch an evening plane, that would be great. I went back to my table and ordered a plane ticket. Luckily there was only one plane ticket left for today. I finished my day, I'm a designer by the way, and went home and started to pack.

 I put on black leggings, a black Adidas crop top, a long beige coat, and white Adidas with metallic stripes, and about three hours later, I was in the airport, waiting for my plane to come. 

I yawned. I was sitting her for two hours already, where is the plane? 

 -Ladies and gentlemen, we are sorry about your delay. –The lady said. –There are certain circumstances that will delay your plane for three more hours. We are very sorry for the inconvenience.-She finished. I groaned. 

You should be sorry alright. I yawned again, and just started reading an online book. 

 –Ladies and Gentlemen, thank you for being patient with us. –She said three hours later. –We are now ready to board those that are flying to Houston, Texas. Again, we are very sorry for the delay. Welcome aboard. –Everybody stood up and started packing.

 I took my suitcase and my big black purse with me and went inside the plane, after scanning the ticket. I put my stuff on top of me, putting my bag on my knees. Closing my eyes, I fell asleep.

Finally! Home sweet home! I started walking towards the luggage and was checking my phone. I crashed into somebody. 

 –Oomph!-A masculine voice said.

 –I'm so sorry! –I looked at the man. –Nick? 

 -Jalena? Hi! Wow! You look-He smiled. 

 –Look what?-I teased. 

 –Amazing!-He smiled. He put his arms around me. 

Not knowing what to do, I put my hands around him too, quickly and carefully moving the ring on my right hand to my left hand. 

Nick Phillips is my ex-fiancé who canceled the wedding in the last minute. I need to teach him a lesson. 

We let go of each other. 

 –So, how you've been?-He asked. 

 –I'm good, really good. –I smiled, putting my hair behind my ear. 

 Notice the ring! 

 -Oh, you're married?-He asked. 

 –Engaged. –I"corrected". 

 –Oh! I'm so happy for you! 

 -Thanks...-I smiled. 

–What about you? -Oh,still single. I'm a cardiologist. –He said. 

 –I knew you'd make It.-I replied and he nodded. 

 –So,um...your fiancé, did he come with you?-He asked. Uh, oh. What to do, what to do?Say no? Say yes? Say no, it's safer. Just when I was about to say no, someone touched my shoulder. I turned around. 

-I believe this is yours.-A man said, somewhat playfully.               

-Is that him?-I heard Nick ask. 

-Yes. -I replied. Please don't be married! -Darling, I'd like for you to meet my friend. –I said loudly. He looked confused. 

 –Please play along.-I pleaded. He looked at me strangely. 

 –What?-He asked. 

 –What's your name?-I asked quickly. 

 –Why? 

 -Just tell me!-I hissed. 

 –Daniel Cliff. Why?-He asked again. 

 –Just please play along. –I gave a big smile to Nick. 

–Nick, meet my fiancé Daniel. Daniel, this is Nick. –I said, smiling nervously.