Chapter Five

Jalena's POV:

-Good morning, Jalena.-My mom said as I came downstairs.

-Did you sleep well? 

 -Aye, I slept for almost thirteen hours.-I said after giving her a kiss on the cheek. 

 –That tired, huh?-She asked. I yawned, nodding. 

–Did Daniel wake up yet?-She asked. I shrugged. 

 –Good morning, ladies.-Daniel came down. His hair was a morning mess, which made him look even handsomer. He gave a peck on my mom's cheek and kissed my forehead. 

 –How'd you sleep, darling?-I asked.

 –Pretty good. What about you, love?-He asked. 

My stomach squeezed. 

 –Pretty well, thanks.-I smiled at him nervously. 

–When are you going to visit your parents?-I asked. 

 –I was planning today. Would you want to come with me?-He asked me. 

 –Why not?-I shrugged. 

All of the sudden, I felt really nervous. I didn't even fell this nervous when Nick invited me to meet his family. And it was a pretty big one. 

 –They live like thirty minutes from here.-He said. 

 –What's your mother's name, Daniel?-Mom asked. 

 –Dina Cliff.-He said. 

 –Oh, I know her! She's an amazing woman! –My mom smiled, as her face lit up.

 –That she is. –Daniel agreed. 

 –But your grandmother, ...she's like a God-send angel in this world. –She said. 

Daniel smiled. I guess he was pleased that my mom liked him and his family so much.

 –That's true. –He said. 

–Grandma Rose is an angel alright.-He smiled. 

 –Do you need help with breakfast, Mama?-I asked. 

 –No, I'm almost done.-She said, bringing a plate with eggs, bacon, and pancakes. 

 –Oh, by the way, you don't have to wait for us for lunch, Veronica.-Daniel said. –We'll eat at my kin's house.-He added. Mother nodded. 

 –Bon appetite, then.-She said. Daniel said grace and we dug in our food.

***

-So, what do I need to know about you, fiancé?-I asked Daniel, as we drove off on my mom's second car. 

 –I don't know.-He shrugged. I sighed. 

 –When's your birthday?-I asked. 

 –January 1st. –He said.-Yours? 

 -A new year baby, huh?-I teased.-Mine's on August 16th.-I said. 

 –Favorite color?-He asked. 

 –Um...probably army green or lilac.-I said.-What about you?

 -Navy blue.-He smiled.

 –Favorite food?-I asked. 

 –Lasagna.-He said.

-Yours probably too?-He guesses. I nodded. 

 –Also pizza, sushi, hamburgers, I hate hot dogs, and I love fries, milkshakes, tiramisu, raspberry cheesecake, and coffee.-I said. He laughed. 

 –I know what to buy if I make a mistake.-He joked. I laughed with him. 

 –What are we going to do after this, so called play?-He asked. I looked out in the window. 

 –I don't know.-I said truthfully. –I have no idea what to do. 

 –How about we pretend here, but break the engagement when we go back. We got into a fight, and all that stuff, and we separated. –He suggested. I nodded agreeing. 

 –I'm sorry this happened, Daniel.-I said. He looked at me.

 –It's alright. Maybe this lie will teach me a lesson.-He shrugged. I grinned. 

 –You may be a blessing or a lesson.-We said in unison. 

 –You know that quote?-He asked. 

 –Yup.-I said popping the 'p'. –I live by it.-I added. 

He smiled and we rode in silence.

***

-Don't be nervous, they'll love you.-Daniel assured me. I looked at him in fright. 

 –I wasn't even nervous like this when Nick invited me to meet his family, and his family is pretty big. –I said. Daniel smiled mysteriously. 

–What are you up to?-I asked carefully. He shook his head. 

 –You'll see.-He said, squeezing my hand. –Oh, I forgot!-He said. 

He went in his car and took something out of his bag that he took with him. He took my ring off and put on a white gold ring with a big white round diamond in the middle. There were little diamonds surrounding it. I gasped.

 –This is so...beautiful!-I whispered in awe. It fits!-I can't take this, Daniel. This is too much. 

 –This is my grandmother's ring. My fiancé has to have one.-He smiled. I just jumped on him and put my hands around his neck, almost choking him. 

–Thank you?-I whispered. His laugh vibrated from his chest to my body, making me fell all of these jitters. Why am I hugging him? I let him go. –Sorry.-I flushed. 

What is happening? Everything is happening way too fast. 

He shook his head and we went to the door. Daniel knocked. 

–Hi, Mom.-He smiled, as a lady opened the door. She hugged him tight.

 –Danichka.-She smiled. 

Huh? 

 -Milaya, who's there?-A man came up to her. (Darling.) 

–Oh, Danila! Hi, sinok!-He slapped his back and hugged him. Are they Russian? (Son.)

 -Mom, Dad, this is my fiancé, Jalena.-He said. 

 –Fiancé?-The dad asked. 

 –He means nevesta, Dad.-A beautiful woman came up. 

 –Darling, this is my Mom, Dina, Dad, Peter, and sister, Milena.-He said. –They're Russian, but my mom was born here. I'm half Russian, half American.-He said. I nodded slowly. 

 –Priyatno poznokomits'ya.-I said slowly. They looked shocked. (Nice to meet you.) 

 –You know Russian?-Daniel asked.

 –Hello, how are you, nice to meet you, goodbye, thank you, you're welcome, yes, no, leave me alone.-I said. –That's about it. 

They smiled. 

 –Call me Dina, dorogusha. –The mom said. (Dearie.) I smiled nodding.-Jalena. That is beautiful name.-She said. 

 –Spasibo.-I said, smiling at her accent (thank you). 

–Do come in, of course.-She said, pushing me inside. I laughed as Daniel rolled his eyes. 

 –Mam, ona hrustal'naya.-He said. (Mom, she's fragile.)

Dang...a man who speaks a different language, am I lucky or what?  

Milena laughed. 

We came into the living room and I gasped.

A/N: Finally an update! Hope you enjoy <3