Chapter Eleven

Daniel's POV:

-Dobroe utro, Mama.-I called my mom –How are you?-I asked. (Good morning, Mom.)

–Good, spasibo. How did you sleep?-She asked. (Thank you.)

Hororsho. I'm going to go downstairs to see Jalena, horosho?-I smiled at her. (Good. Alright.)

–Ah, Jalena.-She said with an accent. –I like her. Invite her to uzhin today.-She smiled. (Dinner)

-Will do, Mama. Bye. –I hung up and went downstairs. I packed up most of my stuff, ready to go and sleep at my own house tonight.

I went downstairs. She looked flawless in a simple loose red dress with black and white flowers on it.

–Hi, Daniel.-She smiled. Her eyes looked a little red, as if she was crying.

–Hey, were you crying?-I asked. She shook her head.-Don't lie to me, please.-I said.

I know why you cried. I heard everything.

She gave a small sigh.

–It's fine. I just had....stuff going on.-She said.

–You know you can talk to me, right?-She nodded and thanked me for my concern.

–Are you hungry?-She asked quietly.

–I'm fine, thank you. –I said.-How are you doing?

-I'm pretty good. You?-She asked.

–I'm fine. My mom asked to invite you to dinner today.-I said. She smiled.

–Is it the whole entire family?-She asked. I grinned.

–Just my parents and maybe unmarried siblings. –I said.

–Okay, sure. My mom will be out today, and I suck at cooking.-She blushed.

–It's fine. You'll learn, or you'll just have your husband to cook for you.

–Fiancé for now.-She giggled. I just love her giggles.

–Are you free today? I want to take you out somewhere before dinner. –I said.

–Yeah, what time?

-How about right now? –I asked. She nodded.

–I'll go change.-She said and ran upstairs. In three minutes, she came out in black jeans, a black halter top, and a blue loose cardigan. She put her hair in a curly ponytail and put on combat boots.

–Is this fine?-She asked.

–Yeah, you look beautiful. Though you really didn't have to change either.-She smiled. We went outside and drove off to the city.

–Where are you taking me?-She asked.

–Do you want to just walk around the city?-I asked. Jalena nodded.

–How is your family?-She asked.

–Good. My nieces and nephew nearly killed me yesterday. –I smiled. She smiled back.

–I can't be an early widow.-She said.

-Are you excited to go back home?-She asked.

-Oh yeah.-I smiled. –Your mother and your home are amazing, but there is nothing better than waking up in your childhood room with your mom making blinchiki.-I closed my eyes at the thought. (Russian crepes)

I parked the car and went outside. I ran to the other door and opened it for Jalena. She thanked me and got out of the car. As she stood up, she slipped on the snow and almost fell, but I caught her in the last moment.

–Are you alright?-I asked, helping her up. She nodded.

–Yes.-She breathed out. Our faces were a centimeter close, when someone called my name.

–Daniel! What are you doing here?-Isabella asked. Jalena stiffened and turned around glaring at Isabella coldly.

–Oh, you're with Jalena.-She smiled. That is a fake smile.

–How are you?

-Good, thank you.-I said slightly cold.

–Now, if you don't mind, we have things to do, places to be, and they are not standing here and talking to you.-Jalena said rudely.

-Uh...sorry, Isabella, we do have to go. See you around.-I smiled politely and she nodded coldly. –What's your guys' problem?-I asked Jalena after we turned the block.

–Oh, you want to know what's our problem? Here it is! We were best friend since middle school, and I was dating Robert for a year and a half, and she had to take him away from me. I forgave her, the good friend I was, but no, she had to steal my best friend and boyfriend for almost three years, James! I dated Nick, he proposed, we were almost married, but no, I had to find them kissing twenty minutes later? You want to know the problem?-She yelled.

-She. Is. A. Person. Who. Can't. Get. Her. Hands. From. My. Men. –She said, poking my chest with her finger on every word. –Today, she came to my house, saying that we are too different and you shouldn't marry me. I am sick and tired of her stealing my men! –She exclaimed.

–She wasn't like that before.-I protested.

I knew the truth, but I wanted to Isabella to be the good friend I always knew.

–Like you know the real her!-She yelled.-She is a hypocrite who wants to take you from me! She is delusional, annoying, and awful! I'd swear her out if I could, but I try to keep my mouth clean. But, if she will steal you from me, I promise, I'll-I slammed my mouth against her and there was silence.

A/N: Bonus chapter! <3