Chapter 14

Present day

"Today is the perfect day baby cousin." Ana announced—fiercely if I might add—in my ears. God, I missed her loudness! I smiled in my sleep and watched her hurry over, opening the blinds making way for the sun to come in. I squinted in the process and covered my eyes.

"Ugh! Be lucky I love you Ana or else I'd bury you alive." I mumbled though I knew she heard me.

"Whatever sleeping beauty, it's time to get up. We have a lot to do." She snapped her fingers indicating I prepared.

Indeed, today was the perfect day. I had decided to move on, to get my life back. I had to learn the fundamentals of life. God had given me a second chance, I had to make the most of it.

But that never meant I'd date again. Nope, my heart was locked up for life. I'd never be good enough for anyone else but Jason. We were meant to be together and no matter how short-lived it was, I was content.

That's why today, I was gonna learn how to groom myself! Yeah, this was my number one task and I would learn how to pick out clothes myself, what to wear during different seasons and occasions, a make up session and finally, the hardest one of them all, wear high heels.

The thought of learning all these today made me exhilarated.

"You're gonna take a proper bath today, not a shower." said Ana. She was right. I had been taking a shower nonstop for the past twenty years of my life. It was time to take a bath. I got off the bed, trailing Ana as she opened the door leading to my bathroom. Sometimes I still got a tad surprised by my ginormous bathroom. It constituted of a door containing a tub, another with a steaming shower which I made use of and finally, a toilet. Before these doors held a vanity, large mirror and a large compartment which contained my shampoo and stuff.

"This is how you get a warm bath. Turn on this faucet which flows cold water and this containing hot water. The drainage has to be covered with this. We'll wait a few minutes for the tub to be full and voila, lukewarm water. Easy peasy." She explained smugly. However I noticed the water was becoming sudsy. How did that happen? I wasted no time in asking her.

"I already added this bubbly shampoo into it." she responded, pointing to a tall bottle of what I knew to be my shampoo. The fragrance was explicit enough. Strawberry shampoo.

"Now hurry, strip and dive in." Without further ado, I did as she requested. I was a little skeptical about being naked in her presence this time but she rolled her eyes at my expression and reminded me she had seen me naked even in my diaper days..

"If it makes you feel better, I'll take a bath with you." She shocked me and I stood in awe as she stripped with so much confidence. Yeah, she had all the right parts in all the right places. Although my hips were rounder and more obvious than hers, she was a knockout in other areas.

"What are you waiting for? Hop in!" Ana pulled me out of my thoughts making me decide to go with her request. Immediately I placed my foot in. I gritted my teeth as a result of the extremely hot water.

"But you said its lukewarm. This is too hot." I screeched in horror, why would she say the opposite and worse, how was she able to sit comfortably in it. It was hot enough to peel off my skin.

"I'm sorry. I knew if I said it was lukewarm you'd concede. This is how I usually bath. Step in,  I bet your body will adjust to it. If it makes you feel better, I got us some fruit juice and chocolate covered strawberries. It's the best treat while having a bath." She declared, standing halfway to bring to my awareness, a tray containing the yummy goodness. I didn't have to be told to dig in.

As far as I knew, she was forgiven.

A conspicuous moan left my mouth suprising us both. I shrugged, who cared? Ana was a loud eater, if you could call her that. She seemed pleased to see how much I fancied this.