Chapter 1: Introduction

Mom: Y/N! It's time to wake up for school!

The first day at a new school.. Yay.

Truth is, I didn't sleep at all last night. My thoughts and nerves kept me awake.

This is my fourth school this year and it all starts out the same.

I'm halfway through my senior year and I've never been more ready to leave.

I sit up from my bed and rub my face with my hands.

(Knock knock)

Mom: Y/N?

Y/N: I'm up.

Mom: Well come down for breakfast.

Y/N: I'm not hungry.

I'm so nervous that just the thought of eating makes me wanna throw up.

Mom: Okay. Well don't forget that your father and I will be gone on a business trip for a couple of months. There should be enough money on the table to last you until then.

Y/N: Okay..

This always happens. They pack up and leave me alone for a few months and then come back for only a few days.

My therapist thinks that that is one of my problems.

Not enough attention.

I could see why she thinks that to be honest.

But that doesn't explain why I constantly get bullied at every school I go to.

That's why I'm so nervous about today.

I stand up from the bed and look at my new school uniform that was sitting on my dresser.

I don't really like wearing school uniforms, but I'm glad this one is long sleeved.

I don't want people to see the scars on my arms and instantly think I'm some weirdo.

My goal is to stay in the background. To not be noticed at all.

I sigh as I start to put on my uniform.

Mom: Y/N, we're leaving!

Y/N: Okay!

Dad: We'll call once in awhile to check up on you!

After that I hear the front door close and I make my way to my bedroom window, and watch as they drive off.

Hhhhh.

Time to go to school.

Or should I say hell?

~School~

I look at the big building in front of me and my hands instantly start to sweat.

You can do this Y/N.. You've done this many times. You got this.