2.

Faye Dawson
This was it. A new country, new friends, a new start. And I was ready for it. I just hoped that my past with Shawn didn't come back to bite me.
"Hey can I help you?" A tall brown haired boy asked me with a British accent as I was aimlessly stood with a large back and several boxes.
"Help would be so great right now. I need to get all this up to block A room 20" I said gesturing to my luggage.
"Coincidence that I go and help another British person. We don't have many British people here. Anyways, I've heard stories about that room. It's like the most isolated room in the whole block. You have like a whole corridor to yourself" the boy said and I shrugged.
"I don't mind. I like being alone sometimes. What's your name by the way?" I asked and mystery boy smiled.
"Ty Samuels" he said.
"Ty?"
"Short for Tyler. I noticed You're British. Why come all the way here?" Ty asked and I shrugged.
"I don't have to pay full uni fees and I like it here" I said briefly, avoiding going into the topic of Shawn being here.
"What are you studying?"
"English" I smiled.
"I'm doing film studies" he said and I nodded.
We walked to my room pretty much in silence apart from the odd comment about how nice the university was.

"Well I guess that's all the help I need." I said brushing my hands off.
"Well Im just downstairs in number 10. You can pop down anytime" Tyler said and I nodded.
"Same to you."
"Well why don't I come back and take you to the university halls for dinner?" Tyler asked and I shrugged.
"Sure"
He gave me a smile before walking out of my room, closing the door behind him. My room was surprisingly a lot bigger than I had expected. I had my own bathroom and kitchen, a shower and a large bed. It was as perfect as a university dorm was going to get. I could definitely see myself living there for a while. All I had to do now was unpack a ton of bags and boxes and decorate as much as I was allowed to.
I sat on the edge of the bed and felt a nervous wave go through me at the thought that Shawn was on this same campus. Somewhere. That thought alone was enough to send my anxiety soaring. I managed to bring it back down slowly at the thought of what he did to me, and the anxiety turned back into anger.
As I rubbed my temples a knock sounded at the door. I groaned and got up on my feet again.

I swung open the door, "What?" I said lowly. I looked up to meet the ocean blue eyes that I had first seen around half an hour ago.
"Oh. Sorry, Tyler" I sighed again and motioned for him to come in.
"No worries" there was a lull in the conversation and I cleared my throat.
"What are you doing here?" I smiled and Tyler shook his head.
"Oh yeah, I guess I forgot to tell you that dinner is at seven...it's seven" he laughed and I nodded.
I grabbed my red leather jacket and walked out of the door after him.

He described the campus to me as we walked and it sounded beautiful, but I was constantly afraid of seeing Shawn when I wasn't prepared to see him yet. Then again, I didn't think I'd ever be prepared to see him.
"So. Why English?" Tyler asked as we joined a queue.
"It comes easily to me. I'd love to be a writer after this" I explained. "Why film studies?"
"Seemed fun. And I want to be a director after this" Tyler shrugged and I folded my arms across my chest as I saw a huge hall with seven long benches inside it. "It looks big now but you'll get used to it. Unless you want to cook for yourself"
"I actually don't mind cooking for myself. I like eating in the comfort of privacy" I explained with a small anxious smile.
"Well maybe that can become our thing. Each night we take it in turns to cook for the other" Tyler shrugged and I nodded.
"I'd prefer that to this"

"You seemed on edge the whole time in there. What's wrong?" Tyler asked as we walked back to our blocks.
"It's a very long story" I said not wanting to get into details with a boy I barely even knew.
"Well could I hear a condensed version of the story?" He asked and I sighed, contemplating whether to tell him or to leave it and call it a night.
"Short story is that I used to date someone who, erm, goes here and I loved him with all I had but he just disappeared on me one day and I haven't heard from him in like six months so I assumed we broke up though we never really confirmed that. He broke my heart and I'm not prepared to see him again. Not yet" I said starting to rant, but I managed to control myself and not blab everything.
"Well that sounds like a shitty situation and he sounds like an asshole." Tyler said and I nodded. 
"He is an asshole for what he did which is precisely why I don't want to randomly bump into him anytime soon" I sighed as we got to my door.
"Would you forgive him?"
"No. Not yet anyways. He would have to prove himself and considering I never want to talk to him, he's never going to get that chance. So no. I probably won't" I said unlocking the door, wanting nothing more than to just fall into bed.
"I'm sorry to hear that. Here's my number by the way." Tyler said handing me a small piece of paper.
"Thanks. I'll definitely use it" I said holding it tightly in my hand.
"You better" he said before walking off down the hall and down the stairs.

Well, my first day wasn't a complete disaster of a day. I made a friend and didn't see Shawn which was enough make the day good. I just hoped this good feeling would stay round a while. But with classes starting tomorrow I doubted it would last too long.