38.

Faye Dawson
"How are you feeling?"
"Ready to start the next chapter of my life"

I couldn't describe how I felt when I woke up that morning knowing I was going to be married to Shawn that evening.
Our ceremony started at four and it was already three. Karen, Mum and Aaliyah were all with me. I was the only one who was left to get ready. My hair was done along with my nails, she was just finishing off my makeup so all I had left to do was put on my dress.

All I could think about was Shawn and whether all the venue decorations were right and if everyone was ready.
The fact that I hadn't spoken to him for the past twenty four hours was killing me, and the fact that I hadn't seen him for the past two days was even worse. But I was calmed by the fact that the next time I would see him, I would be walking down the isle to him.

"What do you think he's thinking?" I asked Aaliyah as she helped me into my dress.
"Probably what he's going to eat later" she laughed and I smiled.
"You're probably right. He doesn't get all worked up does he" I giggled.
"He's probably having a drink with Andrew whilst listening to Drake or something" She said and we laughed together.
"I love him" I sighed and Aaliyah smiled at me.
"Oh we all know. And he loves you too Faye." She said doing all the buttons up on the back of my dress.
"I know he does. That's why he asked me to marry him" I smiled and we both giggled like school girls.
I looked in the mirror at my finished look and smiled like crazy. The dress was perfect, my hair and makeup was perfect. Everything was all I had ever wanted.

"Come on girls it's time to leave" Mum shouted and I smiled at Aaliyah before giving her a hug.
As we walked out of Shawn's room and down the stairs Mum and Karen gasped as they saw mine and Aaliyah's dresses.
"Oh you two look absolutely stunning!" They both said and I could feel a blush creep onto my face.
"I can't wait" I beamed as we walked out and towards the car.

As we arrived at the large church my heart started to race. In fifteen minutes, I would be walking down to Shawn.
We walked into the church, Karen and Mum fussing over my veil and dress as I walked, Aaliyah was taking photos as we went.
As soon as we went into the church we headed to a back room and sat down. Waiting.
We waited about ten minutes before Manny and Thomas walked in.
"Are you two ok?" I panicked.
"Shawn's not here" Thomas said and my heart sunk.
"He said him and Andrew would meet us here at quarter to four but he's still not here" Manny explained and I could feel a panic rise in my chest.
"Oh god" I said and I felt like I was going to be sick. "What if he's not coming?" I said.
"Faye don't think like that. He loves you so much he'll be here. Him and Andrew have probably just lost track of time" Thomas said rubbing my back and I rested my head against him.

We all waited in that room for another fifteen minutes. No word from Shawn. We had all tried calling him but he didn't have his phone on. I felt defeated. Here I was thinking that everything was going well and this wedding couldn't come soon enough. Obviously Shawn was having none of those thoughts.
Manny walked out of the room at half past four when I had lost all hope of him showing up.
"Faye!" I heard that Canadian voice shout and my heart started to race. "Faye I'm not coming in but can you come to the door so I can at least talk to you?"

I sighed and pulled up my dress, walking over to the wooden door, standing just out of sight of Shawn.
"Faye I'm so so sorry" he started and I noticed he was out of breath.
"Where the hell have you been?" I said and I heard him sigh.
"Me and Andrew lost track of time and then I panicked about all this" he said honestly and I had to swallow back tears.
"Do you not want to do this?" I asked and it broke my heart to have to ask it.
"Yes! Of course I want to do this! I was just a little bit nervous. But I want this more than anything Faye. I want you to be my wife." He said and my heart started to relax a little.
"Then let's do it" Manny said and I could tell that both me and Shawn were smiling.

"I love you"
"I love you too"

"I love you" "I love you too"