16.

Shawn Mendes
The scene before me made me want to be sick. The girl I loved was kissing her best friend. I didn't want to believe what I was seeing. It was as if I could almost hear my heart break.
Then again, I guess I deserved it after all I've done to her.
"W-whats going on?" I said trying to get the words out.
" Shawn, I, we," Faye started but I shook my head.
"No it's ok. I hurt you I know that. Thomas is a good man." I said feeling tears prick my eyes.
"Shawn,"
"I thought I might of had you back, but I understand. Look after her man" I said before walking back inside.

"Shawn honey are you ok?" Mom asked, dad looking worried by her side.
"I'm ok. I think I'll go home now" I said letting a tear slide.
"Shawn you're in no state to drive. You're upset and you've had a bit to drink" Dad said and I shrugged.
"I'll be fine. I'm just going to go back to the university" I said shrugging off my jacket.
"Shawn please, just wait for us and we'll drop you back"
"Mom I'm fine. I just need to go home. I'll let you know when I'm there" I said walking away and back up the grand staircase.

I love her. I love her so much.

I threw my jacket in the passenger seat as I got in my car. I buckled myself in and tried to stop the tears from falling. This isn't like me. I don't cry. I just love her too much. I leant my arms and head on the wheel and let a few tears fall.
All I could think about was her.
I wanted to marry her eventually, I wanted to start a family with her. Faye was all I wanted.
I wiped my eyes and started the engine.

I knew I shouldn't drive, but I did anyways, I just wanted to go home, I wanted to get away from here where I knew she'd be with someone else.
The more I drove away the more I thought about her and the more the tears fell. My tears blocked my vision and there was something screaming at me to pull over and just keep driving later, when I had gotten my focus back. But I didn't. My focus was so off that I missed my turn off to go to university.
I pulled over and hit my hands on the wheel.
"Shit" I muttered to myself.
I looked around to try and gather where I was. Luckily I hadn't gone too far and easily managed to work out what I needed to do.

Without thinking I started to pull out, back onto the road, not noticing the large truck heading right for my car. In the middle of the manoeuvre the truck hit my drivers side. The car was pushed with a great force.
My body slammed against the cars interior.
It flipped.
I couldn't comprehend what was happening.
My head violently hit the steering wheel.
Nothing.

Faye Dawson
"Are you ok?" Thomas asked and I shrugged. We'd been sat on the balcony ever since Shawn left.
I couldn't comprehend what happened mere moments ago.
"Faye I know you love him. It's evident that you do" Thomas said.
"But he's bad for me. Probably. I don't know. We fight a lot" I said holding onto his jacket.
"But you love him. You may fight but you still love each other after and through the fight." He said.
"Thomas, you're probably better for me." I shrugged hugging him tight. I felt comfort as his arms wrapped around me.
"I don't think we'd fight as much but you don't love me Faye." He said cuddling me and I couldn't help but let a few tears slide.
" I do love you. I do love you Thomas." I said through my tears and he brushed his hand through my hair.
"You don't love me like you love him" he said and I knew he was right.

Something always drew me back to Shawn. I loved him. I could see my life with Thomas and it would be wonderful. But he's not Shawn. I loved Shawn.

"Faye listen to me. You love Shawn. You always will love Shawn. If you were with me, all you would be able to think about would be Shawn. I'll always be here for you Faye. You will always be my best friend. And remember, if we're not married by 40 then we're marrying each other. Then again, if you and Shawn get together I don't doubt that you'll get married and have little babies running all over that I'll have to be the uncle of" he said and I smiled through the tears.
"What about you?" I asked.
"I've got girls" he shrugged giving me a wink. I smiled again and hugged him so tight.
"I love you so much" I said.
"I love you too Dawson" he said and we gave each other a peck on the lips as we've done since we were eight.
"Do you need me to drive you to his house?" Thomas said and I nodded. "I've only had one drink I'll be ok"

We ran out the venue after saying goodnight to Thomas' family, but not before they made me promise to visit more.
We jumped in the car and started the drive to the university. 
"What if he doesn't want me back?" I thought out loud.
"He will want you. You both love each other."
"What if he's not at home?"
"He will be"
"What if-"
"Faye I love you but I'm trying to drive safely." Thomas laughed and I took a deep breath.
"Sorry"

The drive seemed to take hours, especially as we had to keep pulling over due to ambulances and police cars.
"Has an accident happened or something?" I asked Thomas as a second, larger ambulance, passed us.
"I'm not sure. But it's up that way and we're turning off here so hopefully it's ok down to the university now" he said not taking his eyes off the road.

When we finally arrived to Shawn's university house, all the lights were off except for one little lamp.
I threw open the car door, ran to where he kept the spare key and opened his front door.
"Shawn?!" I yelled to a seemingly empty house.
I yelled again.
No reply.
"I'm going to look upstairs" I said to Thomas before kicking off my heels and running up the stairs.
I saw that all the rooms were empty and a sudden kick of fear entered my heart. He should be here.
I walked back down the stairs to Thomas.
"Don't panic. He might have just gone to the bar" Thomas said putting his arm around my shoulders.
"Can we wait a bit? Just to see if he comes home? Only five ten minutes" I said and we both sat down on the sofa.

Five minutes past before my phone began to ring. I dug round in my bag and pulled it out hoping it would be Shawn. But when I looked at the screen there was no caller ID. I looked at Thomas and he shrugged.
"Hello?"
"Is this Faye Dawson?"
"Yes. Who is this?"
"Miss Dawson I'm a nurse down at the Toronto General Hospital"

A sinking feeling set inside me, as if I knew what was coming next.

"Yes..." I breathed.
"We have a Shawn Mendes just rushed in. On his file it says you would be the first to call. I'm sorry Miss Dawson-"

I hung up before she could say anymore.
"Get us to the hospital. Now" I cried.