15.

Faye Dawson
My hand shook as I held onto Thomas' arm. We walked till we could see over the balcony. As the grand doors slammed shut almost every person turned to us. They're eyes making judgements, some mouths hung open, whispering, fingers pointing.
"They're all watching you" Thomas whispered as we started down the stairs. I truly did feel like Cinderella.
"They're watching us." I smiled to him, being careful not to trip.
I held his arm tightly as I scanned the room for Shawn. My eyes locked with his in the middle of the room. I couldn't take my eyes off him. He looked so handsome. My eyes flickered to his right and saw Camila stood by his side. Quickly, I turned my attention away from them and looked straight ahead. My heart was beating out of my chest.

As soon as we stopped on the bottom step, my bag and Thomas' cost were taken from us by a worker and placed in a back room.
"Faye, oh darling you look beautiful, absolutely stunning" Thomas' Father said.
"Charlie!" I said hugging him tight. "It feels like forever"
"Well it's been a good year and a bit since I've seen you" Charlie said laughing.
"This is all so amazing" I said looking round.
"They really went all out" Linda laughed.
"Dancing will begin soon you two." Charlie smiled and I looked at Thomas.
"I can't really dance like that" I said shrugging.
"Thomas can. We made him learn" Linda laughed and I saw Thomas roll his eyes.
"Why don't we go and get a drink?" Thomas directed at me and I smiled, nodding my head.
"We'll probably see you later" Charlie said and I again nodded my head.

Thomas placed his hand on my lower back and we walked to a little bar in the corner of the room.
"I'll have whatever you're having" I said smiling up at my best friend. He quickly placed a kiss to my forehead and went to order drinks. A blush creeped to my cheeks as I bit my lip.
"That was an entrance and a half" I heard a woman's voice from behind me. I spun round and was met with Shawn and Camila. They were smiling together and she held his arm.
"I'll take that as a compliment"I said making myself smile.
"I feel like it's been ages" She said and I shrugged.
"It's been a while"
"Must be awkward for you two, being here" She said, "considering what happened"
"Nice to see that everyone now knows. But no not awkward" I said and Shawn nodded.

"Here you go," Thomas said handing me a drink, before standing by my side. "I would say it's nice to see you, but it's not. I don't get how you could do that to her" he said aiming it at Shawn.
"I know it was wrong but-"
"There's no but about it. It was wrong. She didn't deserve that. And doesn't deserve this" Thomas said gesturing to the two. "She deserves someone who's going to love and treat her like the most precious thing in this world" he finished before leading me away from my ex boyfriend and his date.
We walked through a small gap in two columns that led out to a balcony.

"I'm sorry Faye" Thomas said as we placed our drinks down on a small metal table.
"Don't be. He probably needed to hear it. I'm surprised you didn't punch him" I smiled. He smiled back and then there was a tension present. Again.
"You look beautiful tonight" Thomas said and I smiled down to myself.
"Thank you. You look handsome" I said trying to find the right word to use.
Slowly I felt his little finger brush against my own.
"Do you want to go and dance?" I said panicking at this new nervous feeling I was getting being around my best friend.
"Of course" he said holding his arm out for me.

Most people were dancing with only a few stood at the sides. Me and Thomas moved through the people until we got fairly close to the middle. I saw Shawn and Camila dancing close by as Thomas moved my body into a correct position as if I were a puppet.
He started slowly, leading me through the steps. I stood on his feet a few times causing us both to laugh.
After a good ten minutes past I was getting the hang of it and we began moving and gliding to the sound of the band. I was completely lost in the dance, and him.
My eyes couldn't leave his face. Everyone slowly melted away. This was new. Foreign almost. It had been a good year since I had felt anything like this for Thomas. If that. I don't think I had ever gotten this butterfly feeling when I was with him before.
"Are you feeling, erm, different?" He asked and I nodded. "Do you want to go back outside?" He asked and although my heart was beating almost out of my chest, I nodded, and with one last glance at Shawn we walked out to the balcony.
"I think we both know what's coming and I don't want to sugarcoat it" Thomas said and I took a large drink before running my hands through my hair.
"Hm I think I could do with a bit of sugarcoating." I said finishing off my drink and facing him.
"I don't know how this happened, or why, or what your position is with Shawn at the moment but Faye I have this feeling for you. Tonight, I just, things with you have felt different. You look so beautiful and you're just an amazing person, my parents love you and I love you" he confessed and I took a deep breath in, a flash of a figure caught my eye by the side of a column.
"Thomas,"
"Dawson," he said smiling before cupping my face in one of his hands and pressing his lips to mine.
I didn't react at first, feeling frozen and confused.
I gave in to the kiss.
I ran my fingers through his hair and moved my lips against Thomas'.
I forgot about everything. Shawn. The party. School. Everything.
The kiss moved quicker and his hands started to roam my waist and back.
"Faye?!" I heard from next to us and slowly me and Thomas pulled apart.
Shawn.