7.

Shawn Mendes
We were going on a date. A proper date just like we would have done before I made the worst decision of my life.
I started to doubt my plan.
What if she didn't like the things she used to? What if she didn't really see me in the romantic way I saw her anymore? What if she decides that after the date she never wants to do it again? What if I screw up again?
I couldn't stop these thoughts from running round my mind as I paced around my bedroom. I shouldn't feel this nervous. I've never really felt this nervous for anything. I just wanted everything to go well and to plan. The doorbell rang snapping me away from my negative thoughts.

"Why are you here?" I asked Tyler as he stood in my doorway smiling.
"I thought we could hang out. Plus we have to talk about how it went with Faye and I thought better do it in person" he said inviting himself in.
"You're such a teenage girl wanting to know all the gossip" I laughed.
"Mate it's serious" he said.
"You can't be here" I sighed scratching my head. He looked me up and down as if he were examining my tracksuit outfit and his eyes widened suddenly.
"Oh shit is there a girl upstairs?!" He whispered.
"What?! No!" I said raising my voice and rolling my eyes.
"Then why can't I be here?" He asked.
"Because I have plans..." I said trying to be ambiguous.
He raised his eyebrows and I sighed. "Faye's coming over and I'm taking her for dinner somewhere"
"Holy shit that was quick. Did she put up a fight?"
"No"
"Nothing at all? Did she at least question you?"
"No. She just said that I had to work, and prove to her that I'm, well, that I'm the one for her. And I'm completely willing to do that." I explained and he nodded understanding.
"So where are you taking her? I mean you could just stay here. Well not here here more stay in the bedroom" he smirked.
"She agreed to a date. Not sex. I doubt I'll even get a kiss" I told him heading upstairs, him close on my tail.
"But what if you do?"
"Then I'll be happy. More than happy actually. It would just show that she isn't completely rejecting the idea of us" I told him and he smiled.
"You're such a softie" Tyler laughed and I shrugged.
"I just want her back" I said, "I think I'm going to take her to that new fancy Italian place round the corner"
"Ooh yeah nice. She'll love that. Unless she doesn't like Italian food. Then she won't like it" Tyler said and I rolled my eyes.
"She likes Italian food. That's why I said I'm taking her there. Now leave so I can get ready she'll be here soon"

Just as I made that remark my phone started to ring with an unknown number.
"Hello? Who's this?"
"Nice to see you deleted my number" that British voice spoke.
Shit.
"Faye! I'm sorry. Are you ok?" I asked trying to cover up my slip up.
"I'm fine Shawn. We never actually said a time and it's seven and I'm ready so" she trailed off and my eyes widened.
"Yeah of course you can come now I'm almost ready" i panicked and Tyler picked a white shirt and black trousers out of my wardrobe along with a black belt.
"I've gone fancy only because I know what you're like"
"Yeah that's perfect I'll see you soon!" I rushed and hung up hearing her close her door through the phone. "I'm getting in the shower" I said putting my phone on charge and running to get in the shower.

"I'm leaving!" Tyler shouted as I got out. I heard the door shut and realised that Faye would be here any minute.
I chuckled on my trousers and belt along with socks and shoes before hearing the doorbell ring.
I grabbed my shirt, wallet and phone and ran down to answer the door. I swung the door open and Faye stood there looking more beautiful than I have ever seen her.
She had on a red long sleeved dress that reached her ankles and had two slits that showed her legs.
"For gods sake Shawn" she smiled covering her eyes.
I looked down and remembered I was shirtless.
"You've seen it before" I said reaching across and pulling her hands from her eyes. She didn't resist. 
I saw her eyes move along my body as I slipped my shirt on and tucked it in. She clasped her hands round her bag and I could tell she was a little bit nervous but decided not to ask her. Yet.
"Are we going in your car?" She asked and I shrugged.
"It's about a five ten minute walk so we could drive or walk it" I said shrugging on a black jacket.
"Oh. Well I'm ok with walking if you are?" She asked and I nodded smiling.
"Do you want a coat or something?" I asked looking at her seemingly thin dress.
"I'm sure I will be ok Shawn. Thank you" she said before we both walked out of the door.

As we began walking I reached a hand out to her, just to test the waters. I saw her gaze at my hand but she just shook her head lightly and looked away. I sighed and shoved my hand in my pocket but nudged her with my elbow. She looked at me and I glanced at my arm.
Again she just looked away.
"Faye it's an arm hold. It's just a gentlemanly thing to do. I won't ask to hold your hand I know it's as if we're starting again" I said, stopping on the spot,  just to clear my intention.
She stopped and faced me. She rolled her beautiful hazel eyes and wrapped one of her hands around the bottom of my bicep near to my elbow.
I smiled feeling her touch. It had become so foreign and I enjoyed feeling it again. I hoped that her and her touch were here to stay.