20.

Shawn Mendes
It had been about an hour since I had woken up. I didn't realise how long I had been asleep for. My family were here as doctors did tests on me. Faye sat in the corner biting her fingers and just watching as my family gathered around me.
She looked different, tired and worn out and sick, but she looked relieved. I watched her as the doctors poked needles and tested my reflexes. After they all left my parents and Aaliyah sat around my bed.
"You scared us Shawn" Mom said and I looked in her tired eyes.
"I realise that now. I should of listened to you" I said.
"Damn right you should of" Aaliyah said and I smiled.
"I missed you" I said as she reached over to give me a hug.
"We all missed you Shawn. We were all worried about you. But one more than all the rest" Dad said and looked toward Faye who was still picking at her nails.
"She's not left here for two weeks. She's barely eaten a thing, hasn't slept and has been missing school." Dad said and I nodded. "She blames herself for all this you know? She keeps saying that it's her fault and can't be convinced otherwise. She really loves you kid"
Again I nodded, "I know. I know you might think this is selfish and like I'm pushing you away, but I would like just to talk to her for a while." I said and both Mom and Dad smiled.
"We understand" they said before each giving a kiss to my forehead.

They walked out and Faye's eyes met mine.
"You look like crap" I said to her with a smile and she rolled her eyes.
"I would say so do you but even with a broken leg, broken ribs and cuts and bruises you still look handsome" she said and I saw a tear roll down her cheeks.
"Come here" I said holding out one of my hands.
She slowly walked over with tears in her eyes and sat on the side of the bed. I managed to pull myself up into a sitting position to look at her.
"What's wrong?"
"You flatlined last week. I was worried you were going to die. And I stayed here everyday because I was worried that you would wake up and I wouldn't be here for you or you'd die and I wouldn't get the chance to say goodbye" Faye said and sighed afterwards.
"You're not getting rid of me that easily. I plan on causing you a lot more havoc and chaos. Don't you worry" I smiled and her smile came out which was a relieving sight.

A doctor came in and Faye smiled up at her.
"Hey Margo" She said and I laughed to myself.
"You've been here so much you're on a first name basis with my doctors?" I said and Faye rolled her eyes hitting my arm lightly.
"Looks like you're feeling a lot better Mr Mendes" Margo said and I nodded quickly. 
"When can I get out?"
"Steady on. You've just got out of a coma. We'll need to keep you in all of tomorrow and get you walking then we'll get you out of here ok?" She explained and I nodded. "What are your plans for when you get out of the hospital Mr Mendes?"
"I can take care of you if your parents are busy. Halloween break is next week so that's not a problem" Faye shrugged and Margo looked at her and sighed.
"Faye. We talked about this"
"Talked about what? I'd love to live with her" I said holding Faye's hand.
"Mr Mendes, have you seen her right now? She's not sleeping or eating. She can't look after herself, if she can't look after herself then how could she possibly look after you?" Margo said and I squeezed Faye's hand.

"I trust her"
"Talk to your parents" Margo said before walking out of the room and my parents walked back in. 
"I hear there's talk about what's happening after you get out" Dad said and I nodded.
"We're not going to say either way. You do what you want to do Shawn. If you want to stay with us for a while then great if Faye is going to move in with you to care for you then great"
"The Doctor doesn't think I can do it" Faye sighed.
"We all know this has been a tough time for you Faye. I'm sure once Shawn's out of here things will go back to normal with you" Mom said and Faye smiled and nodded.
"If he stays and lives with me I promise you that I will take great care of the both of us. I promise you that" Faye said and I kissed her hand lightly.
"I know you will sweetheart" Mom said hugging Faye briefly. "Then Shawn it's up to you now. No one is going to think you're being selfish or stupid". Everyone nodded in agreement.
"Then I have to say that I would love Faye to move in with me at the university for the time being and over the break" I said and my parents smiled.
"We will be coming to visit you guys at least twice over the break to see how things are getting on. Ok?" Dad said and both me and Faye nodded.

"You do realise that we'll have to be careful with this" Faye said and I smiled.
"It's like being back in high school eh?" I said and we all laughed knowing this was exactly what we had to go through last year.
"You guys did it and got through it then, I'm sure you can do it again" Mom said and we both nodded.
"I never actually asked you, Faye would you like to move in with me for the next few weeks?" I asked, noticing a blush creep onto her cheeks.
"I would love to" she smiled before pressing a gentle kiss to my lips, a feeling which I would never get tired of.