100 FOLLOWER BONUS

100 follower bonus, as promised. Thank you guys so much! Honestly, without your support I might have given up on this story long ago. Without further adieu:

- ❈ -

Lightningtail didn't know what to do with herself.

     She paced around the apartment, tail and wings jittering wildly as if she had a severe case of the shivers. Her talons felt out of place, her throat ached, and she felt like she really, really, needed to collect moss.

     Lightningtail and Quickclaws lived in one of the wealthier sky nests. They would later swap places with the current monarchs, Queen Swansong and King Rapidwings, when Mother passed the throne to Lightningtail on her thirtieth birthday, which just so happened to be literally only eight years away.

     A sky nest was a relatively new living design a very clever SwiftScale and SkyWing had come up with together (well, the SkyWing was sort of forced as a "sorry-for-almost-killing-your-entire-tribe" present to Swansong. Mother had accepted the gift from Queen Lark without any complaint and somehow managed to keep Plateau at Ventus long over his stay. Perhaps a story for another day).

     Anyways: Lightningtail felt like she couldn't focus at all lately. A Sky Nest was a relatively new living design. It incorporated the new (now not as new) information on how SwiftWings used to live.

     A Sky Nest was basically a tall tower built into the cliff. It had several levels, each one with a wide balcony and a beautiful open-air design. Lightningtail was able to see the sky from every which way (except down, obviously). Each Sky Nest also had an internal passageway going through the centre that young dragonets could climb up if need be. The outside walls were adorned with flying dragon carvings and swirling cloud patterns.

     The wind blew through her home, distracting Lightningtail momentarily. Lightningtail shivered. She had been running a high fever lately, one Quickclaws managed to keep at a safe level by round-the day visits and lots of cold sea water. Lightningtail was grateful for him and his endless will to care.

     Lightningtail stood on her balcony, overlooking the sea. Left and right, four other Sky Nests dotted the coast. Oh. And also the castle.

     As part of a bigger "sorry-for-almost-killing-your-entire-tribe" present, the Six Queens of Pyrrhia had gifted Mother with their finest structure planners and worker dragons. In just ten years, rocks had been hauled over from east Pyrrhia and the mountains of Ventus, eventually coming together to build the masterpiece that Lightningtail's parents lived in now.

     Queen Swansong's Palace, otherwise known as the Seaside Palace, consisted mainly of a large dome, a central tower where Mother and Father lived in and two side-towers. The palace had a smooth, almost egg-like look to it with how much the rock had been sanded down. Lightningtail loved it. And it would soon be hers.

     An uncomfortable pang in her lower abdomen jolted Lightningtail out of her dreaming state. She clutched her middle tightly, feeling as if rocks were in her stomach. Which to say was very unpleasant.

     It must have been because she hadn't been eating enough lately. Yes, that was it. Lightningtail truly hadn't eaten since the sun had risen four days ago, and it was clearly taking its toll on her.

     Quickclaws is due home soon. Right-now-soon in fact, Lightningtail thought to give her solace. She ran inside (as much as one can be inside when there is literally only glass above one's head and no walls) and ran back outside.

     Every day since four suns ago Lightningtail had been like this. Waking up at irregular, late hours, when Quickclaws was long gone for "How to be a King for Dummies" class with Father. Lightningtail didn't appreciate not being able to wake up to sleepy morning kisses, but, that was her life now. Possibly forever.