Morning Routine

Aaaaahhhhhhh!!!! School is a jerk, there's too much homework, I can't do anything!!! Sorry, I haven't posted but school is a jhavelska tespe (don't translate that, I probably spelled it wrong) so I'll post two chapters. So yeah, sorry and see ya! -Amethyst

I duck my head as a sophomore and junior students pass me to either their lockers or classes. Yes, I am still thirteen but I'm in some prep school meaning, high school and middle school students are together. I weave between the crowds of friends and fights of rivals, finally making it to my locker.

509. It's in the cross hall so I can't get bullied from all the teachers crawling the hall, but it's also super far from my actual classes so it's more of a hit and run situation. I twist the knob on the lock, entering the code in and taking it off the door. I open it up to see a piece of paper fall from it.

I bend down and pick it up carefully, unfolding it as well. My eyes scanned the page as I read and I felt the color rise to my cheeks in anger. It was an 'I'm so sorry for your lost' kind of paper, and I could already tell whose handwriting it is.

Melody- used to be my friend, joined the supposed dark side of my life. Age-13 Grade- 8th, like me

I stuffed the paper in a pocket on my shirt and threw my bag into my locker. I tried reciting the USA's states in alphabetical order, since it usually distracts me from anger, and pulled out my books.

Alabama Alaska Arizona Arkansas I shut my locker and put the lock back on California Colorado Connecticut One arm holding my books and the other in a fist, I walk away from my locker Delaware Flordia Georgia I slowly move into a sprint as the time ticks away Hawaii Idaho Illinois Indiana.

I'm maybe already halfway across the school when I take a glance to the cafeteria. Iowa Kansas Kentucky Louisiana Maine No, not because of the breakfast that I could have eaten but because of a certain group caught my attention Maryland Masechutes Michigan...

Screw the states!! There's nothing that can take back what I just saw, but I can't do much but eavesdrop until class. I silently walk in and sit in a far back table. Right in front of me are a certain group of people.

Jared- you know, the jerk who ran me over.

Makayla- sophomore, more makeup than a clown...and pulls it off! Cheerleader captain's second in command

Carlos- 7th grader who looks like a freshman, stronger than he looks...younger brother

And...Melody

All elementals, two fire (Carlos and Mckayla), one earth (Jared), one water (Melody).

I bring out a book and use it to cover my face so I have an excuse to look down. I can hear them laughing about something, I think Jared said something but I'm not sure what. "Hey, look", I think Carlos pointed something out to them because they all quieted down.

Next thing I know, a hand slams down on the table next to me and I jump back in surprise. I look up seeing Jared and Mckayla in front of me, meaning Carlos and Melody are behind me. "Well look what the cat dragged in, I was sure you were a goner this morning" you can guess who does the talking.

I felt hands grab my arms behind my back and yank me up so I'm standing. As I know they're much stronger than me, I didn't bother fighting back. Jared reached out to grab my chin and looked at my face. "And not a scratch on you. I think we need to change that."

Mckayla looked around the cafe, as far as I know, everyone in there was an elemental. She nodded her head towards Jared and said, "All clear" I felt the arms holding me heat up and I could smell something burning. At that point, I was panicking. Are they really going to try and burn me!

I felt them, Carlos, let go and push my back, making me fall face-first into the ground. I pulled my arm out to get me up. It stung and hurt but I was on my knees so I could let go. The skin on my arms was a bright red with black scorch marks here and there.

I looked up and immediately covered my eyes from these dagger-sharp rocks that are piercing my skin. My arms were bleeding, I could tell from the metallic smell, and there were probably cuts all over my face. I was breathing heavily and I already was a mess but I knew it wasn't over.

I took in another breath and I'm glad I did. A water bubble surrounded my head and no oxygen was going to get through. My lungs burned and screamed for air but I could do nothing. The bubble popped right before I was going to pass out and I was completely wet.

I looked down grabbing as much air as possible and heard laughing surround me. I didn't bother staying any longer. I grabbed my backpack and ran, even though my skin felt as though it was on fire.

This is my morning routine.