Dreams

In East Coast with Amethyst and Harmony

Getting far away from my home town wasn't that hard, especially when Harmony and I found a river. She somehow took control over the rapids and we rode down the river on a fallen log, going as fast as a car on the freeway but we were stable enough to not fall into the water. We left the log on the river bank and walked through the forest to the next town over. Harmony is about six inches shorter than, I had to pass off as an adult when we paid for our bus tickets.

It wasn't hard since we had pre-ordered them online and just needed to grab them but it still racked my nerves speaking to the man at the booth. We got on the bus and sat at the end of the bus, placing our bags on either side of us. Sighing in relief that we've made it, Harmony asked me, "So where is the bus taking us to?"

"It's taking us west, towards the Plaincid region," I answer. "I have a feeling that that's where we should go."

"So you now have an idea on where we should go?" she questioned, pulling out a book from her bag.

"Kind of, more like something going to happen there and that's why we have to go there." I look out the window to see the houses flying past us.

"Alright, so how do you think your parents are going to react to not seeing you and reading your letter?"

I freeze up again, placing my hands in my hoodie pocket, my fingers brushing against a piece of paper that had Harmony's handwriting on it. "I'm not entirely sure."

Harmony wrote the notes, asking me if I wanted to have the truth or a lie in the letter, I said the truth and she gave me the paper before I left her place. I left it folded up in my hoodie pocket and forgot about it until now.

Suddenly, Harmony's voice snapped me out of my thoughts, "I had the truth in my letter so if they look at everything that has happened, they'll believe me and probably won't go calling the cops for their missing daughter."

I hummed in understanding and slightly nodded my head. I think I'm going to sleep for a few hours, the bus should stop in the morning for all of the passengers to eat and do other stuff."

"Alright, I'll stay up for a bit longer. Goodnight," she silently opened her book and started reading. I could see the cover of the book read, The Water Element and its History, and that was the last thing I saw before turning to the window. I saw the people pass by, a golden blonde person in formal attire being the most memorable before my eyes lowered and curling up on the seat, using my school bag as a pillow, I fell asleep.

When I opened my eyes again, I was not on the bus. I saw in front of me, a boy my age, perhaps a bit older. His reddish-orange hair stuck up like small spikes and his frame being covered by a dark orange winter coat, with gray faux fur at his hood, wrists, and bottom of his jacket. He had the same orange-brown eyes my family had and he seemed familiar to me but I couldn't be sure.

He was on low lying, but fluffy, cloud by the forest tree line so he must've been an air elementist. He brought the cloud closer to the ground and hopped off, boots making a thud on the ground. The cloud dissipated behind him and he strode around the woods.

I could see the fog rolling in from the distance and I know he saw it too. "How is there fog in this region right now, spring's not due for two more weeks?" he muttered before heading in the opposite direction. He didn't notice at first but the fog rolled past him, going at a speed unnatural for this type of weather. A huge rush of wind flew by him and with it, the fog that was taller than him.

He closed his eyes and stood in place until the wind and the fog with it, passed by. When his eyes opened again, in front of him was a silver bracelet with a small grey gem. He cocked his head to the side at the item seemingly placed in front of him.