Finding the others

Since we didn't exactly have classes since we're excused, we took this chance to go to the library.

It was pretty much empty except for a few of the upper-classmen. Harmony and I decided we do research on the subject of us being new elemental bearers since one, I have absolutely no idea what I'm doing and two, Harmony didn't bother much with the subject in the first place except for stories.

We got to work and decided to get to know each other at lunch since it was supposed to be a no-talking zone here.

Pray that I make it out of this place alive...

In another place in the country of Auroua, a small town in West Coast, the coast was previously known as California.

I'm not exactly sure what it was that woke me up. My phone vibrating on my bedside table, my weird as hell dream, or the fact that my hand was glowing.

I ignore my hand and reach for my phone, checking the time. The home screen read 5:30 along with a series of text notifications. I sit up in my bed and unlock my phone to my messenger app. The texts were coming from my friend across the street, Kyle.

I scroll through the texts he sent me and he was just repeating, practically the same thing.

'Hey, you up?'

'Wake up Ember!'

'Ember!'

'Wake up! Wake up! Wake up!'

'Wake up!'

And it went on and on like that for a few minutes. I responded before he had a chance to send another text.

'WHAT KYLE!?'

'Jeez, you don't need to yell'

'This is a text, genius!'
'Now, what do I owe the honor of you waking me up at this ungodly hour!'

'Sorry sleeping beauty, but it's important'
'Meet me at the corner of the street in 5'

'Yeah yeah, I'll be there'

Well great, just great! I got out of bed and stretched for a good minute before getting dressed and doing some other things. Transforming from my bed head self, I brush my fiery hair, grab a sweater over my bra, and pull on some ripped skinny jeans.

Sliding on my checkered sneakers and grabbing my phone, I turn off my bedroom light and grab my headphones as I walk out the door. Creeping downstairs, the usually obnoxiously loud house was dead silent, you could hear ringing from nothing and distant cars.

Kyle probably forgot to grab something to eat again so I grab a two granola bar from the kitchen and sneak out the back door. With one final look to the dark house, I climb over the small chain fence and proceed in the direction of Kyle's supposed location.

Even for a minimum walk, I still pull my headphones over my ears and nod my head to the beat of the music, humming along to some of the lyrics here and there. I arrived in 6 minutes and immediately recognized Kyle from his messy night hair and his usual unzipped jacket.

Moving aside an earmuff to let one ear open, I asked, "So what did you want me here for again?" He didn't answer as fast as he should, his gaze transfixed on my right hand. I looked down and saw the ring on my finger still glowing, how did I not notice before?

Kyle snapped out of his stare and I did as well, "Your ring is glowing, that's why I brought you here. Come on, we're going to the treehouse to explain." "Why? Can't you tell me here?" I interject. He looked around the street and behind him and me.