1: Prologue

*Sigh*...
I can't believe I have to leave so soon...

At least I made my own family.
A loving husband, a precious baby that's less than a year old and many trust-worthy friends and family.

I looked up the murky sky, smelling the faint iron-taste of blood. Feeling the slight movement in my arms, I looked down at a baby I held, wrapped in warm cloth. I cast a barrier around him and kept cradling him to sleep.

"I pray to god that my baby will grow wise and healthy"

"Yoru-sama"

I slowly turn to meet my most trusted maid, Amelia. She has aided me since I was a child. Her appearance hasn't changed a bit exception of her gentle green eyes. They weren't shining brightly like usual and stared at me with worry.
Smiling at her and I slipped my baby into her arms.

She looked at me confused as she securely held the light of the future: Hikari.

"W-whatever you're planning to do, please don't do it Yoru-sama"

Hearing booming explosions in the distance, I had to hurry.

Taking off my necklace, which contained a family photo of my husband, Hikari and myself, and a key attached on the side, I placed it around Hikari's neck.

"Milly, please take care of Hikari, just how you took care of me."

ah... my heart pains, but I can't think of any better way...

Without giving her any time to retaliate, I pushed her into a teleportation magic portal I created behind them, for her and Hikari to escape.

"I love you"

Hikari had a peaceful sleeping face as if the chaoticness didn't disturb him at all. Amelia had a devasted expression, yet held Hikari firmly.

I guess what I'm doing is too sudden and heartless.

The portal closed and tears I back poured out of my eyes. I'm really going to miss them.

Wiping my tears away, I took a deep breath to calm my mind.

"God, I'm going to use that. I have to fix everything"

Activating my magic aura, the bracelets that sealed my full power, broke into pieces. The immense power I released created a huge gust of wind and revealed my nine tails.

I was indeed a nine-tailed fox.

I felt many presences around me, which I knew many were corpse and people fighting. Using my skills, I saw the battlefield in the distant. There he is, fighting with several powerful heroes. On a closer look, I can see he's in pain, especially on the head as if he has a headache. Blinking twice, I revert my vision to normal and ran through the forest to get to the destination.

Getting out of the forest, the field was not the green I remembered, but filled with red, dark murky colors and corpses. The fighters, also be known as "heroes" and the demon were fighting. They didn't noticing my presence as they were focused in their battle, but once I stepped foot into their sense of field, as if time stopped, they stopped their actions to turn towards me.

"Yoru?!"

The demon, floating in the sky looked at me with bewildered eyes. One eye was bloodshot red with cat-eye iris, the other was the gentle and calming eyes that I like to look at every time I saw him.

He squeezed his head in pain, then shook it off as his normal eye became dull. He flew down, charging his sharp claws towards me at an insane speed. I managed to dodge and counter-attacked him, which he skidded into the ground. The heroes saw this as a chance and we fought together.

Few minutes of the battle felt like hours and slowly, each heroes dropped out of the battle field. Finally, in the weakened state of the demon, I took this my last chance to end everything.

I jumped up towards him and at the same time, we attacked each other. The demon's hand pierced through my stomach, while my magic attack pierced his chest. Both of us fell to the ground. With my small strength I had left, I crawled to him and saw the gem which was embedded in his chest were broken into pieces and the demon's eyes were no longer bloodshot red.

"Everything is over now"

His pair of gentle grey eyes opened and looked into mine.

"I-I'm sorry" he apologises as blood spilled from the corner of his mouth

I embraced him into my chest and slowly my vision started seeing black dots.

"It's not your fault, sleep, we can rest now"

I hear several yells as my senses deteriorate. I guess this is a happy ending? Not a peaceful one at that though.

In the darkness, flashes of images appeared at a fast rate, and the most memorial image I clearly saw was my husband smiling, holding Hikari in his arms, on the field of flowers under the clear blue sky. I remember it because that was the last moment we had a peaceful day before this chaotic event.

"Hikari... I'm sorry for being a bad parent"

~ ~ ~

.

.

.

Yeets, I guess I made a serious ending, HINT HINT, SPOLIERS xD

and also HENLO READERS, Welcome to my first book, which I started after reading a variety of other author's work for more than a year! I decided to give it a try and hope I can somehow entertain like other author-senpais. My grammer or english structure may be horrible because ENGLISH is not my first language, RIP.

ALSO, I am wanting to make this BL / Yaoi / Shounen Ai, but I'm a weak fujoshi who hasn't been able to read a full smut scene in mangas/fanfic, so it's going to take a while to get to those scenes, or upon reader's request, I might wing it xD

It will start off soft, cute and fluffy. maybe kisses here and there. I'm not confident in describing passionate kissing scenes, so please spare me till the later part of the story! I find it embarrassing (maybe that's the reason why I still don't have a boyfriend xD )

Enjoy!