11: Confrontations

"Psst, Yoru-chan, why is the prince of the Heavenly Kingdom here and challenging you?" my swordsman teacher: Tooru-sensei, whispered to me as I changed my indoor shoes to boots that are suitable in combat.

"I would like to ask the same thing sensei, but I know that he's blind by love and jealousy." I sigh as I tied the last knot on the shoelace.

<< Previously <<

After Percia's sudden outburst of false accusation against Yoru for "Seducing" Sheryl, Yoru snapped and retorted how unappealing he is towards Sheryl. Percia took it as a challenge and declared a battle with Yoru, which now ends up in the training grounds of the Kagurazaka Mansion.

>> Present >> ... Yoru's POV.

"So... For what I know, a duel is to take place in this courtyard. Do both sides accept the challenge?"
Sensei asked as he looked at me and Percia.

"Yes / Yep" we replied in unison.

"Understood, I'll be the judge and as this is my swordsman class, I will permit to let you use any weapon, but magic is prohibited."

We walked out of the battle field and to the weapon section, which had a some hung onto walls and left inside boxes.

All the weapons are real however it has been coated with enchantment to avoid causing injuries against living beings; pretty much a blunt weapon.

For example, when an opponent gets slashed by the sword, they will feel the force of the hit and a glowing red scar will appear on wherever they got slashed on.

(For another explanation, it's like when shot by a gun, you feel the impact of being shot, but instead of a real bullet, it's sensation is similar to a paint ball. Thus the bullet hole is like a splattered paint ball)

I was about to grab the War Fans, but my teacher stopped me.

(A/N: War Fans are weapons with an appearance of a fan, but with blades sticking out or the edges of the fan is the blade)

"Yoru-chan, I expect for you to use the katana, you haven't mastered it yet and I can't allow you to use your favorite weapon." He eye-smiled at me.

"Eh?! Sensei I'll be a disadvantage! I'm much slower with the katana than my war-fan and Kodachi!" I pleaded with a dejected look.

"You'll be fine, now get the katana or no more of your favourite weapons for 2 months"

NOPE, I WANT MY BABIES. (Aka. Her favourite weapons)

I depressingly took the katana off the wall and dragged myself into the battle field.

"Heh, seems like your teacher isn't much of a pleaser, best of luck" he smirked with triumph as he twirled the spear with his arm.

This kid is getting on my nerves for a petty reason.

"You'll regret it" I retort as I unsheathed the katana.

"Don't think so, we'll see about that."

It was very clear that "under-estimate" was written on his face.

Outside the field, I saw Sheryl looking at us with excitement, Grecia lips has slightly curved into a small smirk of amusement and Tooru-sensei looking ready to begin the match.

"HEY! Stop looking at her and focus on me!" Percia provokes arrogantly as his stood in his battle stance.

Yep, I'll end the match in secon-

'Yoru-sama, you can only use 15% of your strength, we don't want casualties even the weapons are suppose to be harmless.'

I glanced at my teacher, who sent me a telepathic message. I gave him my annoyed expression, and sighed again. Damn, so I'm suppose to take it slow and end it boringly? I hope this brat has something up in his sleeves.