The hospital (2)

As he walked into the kitchen he saw something he never thought he would witness.

There, lying on the floor was his mother. Surrounded by a pool of blood.
That's when everything in the room started spinning as he processed what was going on.

He ran to the counter where he left his phone and dialed 911.

As he waited for the ambulance he found a note next to his mother which read "dear kirishima, I'm sorry that I have to do this but I can't take it anymore. With your father , you coming home sad, and me not getting enough money to care for yourself and i, I'm being a burden. In my will I left you enough money to keep up with yourself and your father. And i have no other choice but to advise you to go and live with your father. I have no alternatives. I know this will be hard but I know that you can make this work. Love, mom."

As he read the note, he felt tears stream down his cheeks and his breaths turn into sobs. He couldn't read it to the end because it was too much. His head was spinning, he couldn't think straight, and sitting beside him was his mother. Gone. No heartbeat, no breathing, she was gone.

Once the ambulance came, they found kirishima passed out on the floor, next to a blood soaked woman with a knife wound in her chest.

As they loaded his mother into the ambulance, a nurse managed to wake kirishima up and talk to him about what happened. As police searched the house for anything suspicious, kirishima managed to pass out once again.

When he woke he was in an unfamiliar room, soon to be recognized as a hospital. There by his sided, were flowers and balloons. All saying things along the lines of "get well soon" and "feel better, we miss you!" From his friends and classmates. Which made him smile.

While he waited in the room by himself, memories of the day before started flooding his head. What he saw was unseeable.

He couldn't believe what happened. His heart sank to his stomach. But just as he replayed what happened, he heard a slight knock at the door.

"You busy shit-hair?" He heard from a soft, almost unrecognizable voice.

"No, come in" kirishima answered.

The door opened and in walked an exhausted looking, blonde spikey haired boy. Bakugou.

When bakugou walked in, kirishima gave a tired half smile. Even though it came out sad, kirishima tried to keep the aura in the room somewhat happy.

"I uh.. heard about what happened." Bakugou said with his head down as he placed a small gift on the table beside kirishima.

Bakugou looked up at kirishima with a sympathetic look and sat down beside kirishima on the chair next to the bed.

Kirishima broke the silence. "How long have I been out?" He asks. "Almost three days" bakugou answers and looks back down. "Docs said you fell into a coma."

I thought it was just yesterday. Kirishima thought to himself. He didn't expect what he heard. He looked down at the wires hooked up to him and without thinking he said "bakugou"

Bakugou looked up at him. "What?"

"Why did you come to visit me?" He asks. He couldn't help but ask since it wasn't like bakugou to do something like this.

"Cause you're my friend I guess" bakugou says a little less soft than he's been talking.

"Oh" kirishima says. "Thanks"

Bakugou looked up at him and sighs. Breaking the silence once again. "I'm really sorry.. you know, about what happened with your mom." He said still looking at kirishima.

"I don't know what to do, without my mom I'm all alone. I don't have anyone else to turn to." Kirishima says as a tear streams down his cheek.

"Don't you have any family or anyone you could live with?" Bakugou asks.

Kirishima thinks. And hesitantly shakes his head remembering what his mom said in the note, which was given to the authorities.

He knows that now the authorities know he has to live with his father, it's a must. He can't do anything about it since it's legal.

The room is once again silent. When bakugou looks to kirishima and sees the gauze on his hands. "What the fuck is up with your hands, I thought it was just a coma?" He asks. "I.. I uh did it when we were training." He managed to think up before bakugou gets suspicious.

Bakugou looks back up at kirishima and then scoffs. "Dumbass"

After an hour of mostly silence, Bakugou leaves. Leaving kirishima alone.

He spends the next day in the hospital until he's discharged from the hospital with his father. Neither of them say a word until they get in the car.

"You're sleeping on the couch" his father says.
Kirishima simply nods without argument.

The car ride was nothing but Silence until they got home.

As kirishima was leaving the car, he felt his father grab him by the collar. "If you think that now you're living with me I'm gonna put up with you, you better think again." He pushes kirishima to the ground before walking to the door and locking it behind him once he gets inside.

"I changed my mind, you can sleep outside tonight" he says through a window beside the door.