Comfort (18)

• Kirishima POV •

After the movie, me and Bakugou decide to head home. The rest of the group wanted to hang out longer but bakugou insisted I needed rest.

As we walk, the silence becomes too much for me. Even though it may be comfortable silence, I'd still like to make small talk.

"Hey, when we go home, do you think I can sleep in your bed?" I ask, not thinking that much when I say it.

"Yeah, I'll sleep on the couch, it's whatever" he replies, seemingly tired out from today.

"No I mean like, with you?" I say, as a blush works it's way up to my cheeks.

He focuses his attention toward me as he makes eye contact. "You sure?" He asks.

"Yeah, I enjoy the company" I reply.

"Alright, fine by me" he decides, and we continue walking.

Once we get home, I change into my pyjamas and get comfortable until bakugou comes back from brushing his teeth.

"Want me to leave the hallway light on, or.." he trails off.

"I'll be fine, thanks though" I reply.

He gets in bed with me and gets comfortable, as I begin to think. I usually don't get a lot of sleep as I'm usually doing all my thinking before bed.

After what seems like minutes, bakugou falls asleep, which is understandable as it is half an hour past his bedtime.

I feel him stir a bit behind me and I feel his arms around my waist. I blush a bit but snuggle my way into his embrace.

I never really got to snuggle with anyone but my mom, but that was when I was little.

I think about all the memories of her, all the fun times we had. My mind then goes to all the times she used to cheer me up when I was upset.

Just the thought of her brought tears to my eyes, and before I knew it I was upset.

I begin to panic, as I realize I'll never see her again. Ever.

I feel my breathing speed up and my heart beat increase and I panic. Bakugou feels this and gets up, getting my attention.

"Hey, what's the matter?" He asks, his voice a bit raspy from just waking up. those few words made me lose it. I begin sobbing uncontrollably as I latch onto him.

He rubs reassuring circles into my back, whispering sweet nothings into my ear. I begin to calm down after what feels like ages.

Once I'm calmer, he asks me again. "What's wrong?"

"I-I just can't st-stop thinking about my mom" I get out, leaving his arms to sit up.

"I miss her so much, and I'll never get to see her again because of him" I say, now becoming a bit angry.

"Hey-"

"It's all because of him, that asshole made my life a living hell" I cry.

"Kiris-"

"He did this to me, he cut up my hands, gave me bruises, and scarred me for life. It's all his fault. I'll never be the same again"

"Listen-"

"Now I'm all frail and upset all the time and I can't do anything about it. Nobody's gonna like me when I'm upset-"

"Eijirou!" Bakugou says, getting my attention.

"Just breath okay? You'll feel better once you're calmed down, okay?" He says, speaking quietly.

"Of course people still like you, you should know that all of your friends love you more than anything, okay?" Bakugou states, making me feel a little bit better.

"Just please don't be upset, I can't see you like this" Bakugou says, cupping my cheek and wiping away any remaining tears.

"Okay" I breath out, finally feeling relieved.

"How about I go downstairs and make us some hot chocolate, Kay? I'll put in some marshmallows and we can watch a movie, how does that sound?" Bakugou says, making me smile.

"Okay" I state, putting my hand on his, that's still on my cheek.

Before he gets up, he leans in, kissing me softly. I could feel a lot of affection in it, soothing me. I felt at ease with him always. It seems as though he only acts this way in private.

He leans back, looking into my eyes.

"I love you" he says smoothly.

I smile a bit, before replying.

"I love you too"