II

The game was over. The Raiders won, as expected. Nalia started texting me, stating that she was about to leave with Quinn.

Everyone was exiting from the bleachers and going away to their desired destination.

 Apparently Nalia got the approval from mom to go to to her 'sleepover'.

She also mentioned that she was bringing me along just so mom could say yes. And she got what she wanted.

 I stood behind the bleachers, exactly where everyone was walking around. I gripped my phone in my hands, looking around. Damn, these girls can be so quick sometimes. 

 Elisha and Yuri disappeared when the game ended. I was guessing Elisha was somewhere sucking on her boyfriends' face. Yuri was a question mark. I was hoping i'd see her.

 And just like that, my wishes came true.

Yuri was walking around somewhere, but she was nearby. "Yuri!" I called. Her head snapped in my direction. Then she immediately started coming towards me.

"Hey Jas." She smiled.

 "Is it alright if I sleepover at your house?" I ask when she gets close enough.

 Yuri winced, "Ooo sorry Jas, but me and my family has to attend a funeral tomorrow morning." She explained.

 My eyebrows raised, "Oh no, what happened?" 

 "Oh it's not- It's my mom's work friends' uncle. We're attending out of courtesy. So unless you wanna be in a death scene with a bunch of asians.." Yuri shrugged.

 I shook my head, "It's just a funeral, i'll be fine." 

 "We won't be home for the majority of the day. After the funeral we're visiting my grandparents. You know we always visit my grandparents on weekends." She said.

 I sighed and nodded, "Yeah you right.." I mumbled, looking away.

 "You can ask Elisha. I'm sure she's free this weekend." Yuri told me.

"Where is Elisha?" I furrow my eyebrows. Yuri shrugged.

 I sighed again. Just great. 

 Then I saw my mom coming towards me from the crowds. "Jasmine?" My mom saw me. "Hey mom." I respond

 "Where's Quinn? I thought you was going with her?" She asked.

"Oh right i'm looking for her now." I held up my phone with myself and Nalia's texts shown on the screen.

 "Well your dad and I are about to go. But I need to make sure you two stay together. See where she at." My mom said as she stood next to me.

 I lowered my head and began texting Nalia again. My mom and Yuri struck up a conversation.

It basically consisted of what she's doing in life and hows it going.

Y'know, the natural parent-to-daughters best friend conversation.

 Nalia had soon explained her location through text. I started walking where she was, passing students I recognized along the way. Soon I found Nalia, in the parking lot, standing next to Quinn's car. 

 She saw me and came towards me.

 "What momma said?" Nalia asked. I shook my head, "She wants to make sure we're together." I answer.

 "What about you? Did one of your friends say you could sleep over?" 

 "Yuri's out, I need to ask Elisha." I looked away. "Well hurry up cause we're about to leave." Nalia used her thumb to point at the SUV behind her.