XIV

"Hey can we exchange numbers?" 

"Uh, why?" I creased my eyebrows.

"Duh, for texting what else Sherlock."

"No, I don't want you texting me. No thanks."

Dallas clicked his tongue and gave me a look.

We were in the library. Actually I was in the library trying to cram in this essay for history, when Dallas spotted me and decided to ruin my evening.

He had sat to me all close. 

 Does he like...

Want to die??

 The library was fairly empty. Just a few students since I came in at such a small free period time. But there we were. I was wondering if Dallas had lost his mind and mistakened me for Ally. If that was possible. I forgot what that kind of thing was called..

"You're stingy." He says. I had my history book open on the wooden table in front of me. My essay papers next to it.

"Yeah okay look are you going to let me study?" I arch my eyebrows.

"What, you don't trust me?" He stays on the previous subject.

"No it's that it's just..you're annoying. Plus other people'll get the wrong idea if I suddenly have your number."
I explain.

"Why're you worrying about everyone else babe, it's just you and me." He smirked at me, showing his teeth.

I glared at him, "I will shove this pencil down your throat."

"Ooo..freaky, I like it!" He winked.

I groan, realizing that I could never win. "Shouldn't you be getting on Ally's nerves and not mine?"

"Ally didn't show up to school today." He says matter-of-factly.

I look at him, "Well then I guess you guys really scared her away then."

"We didn't scare her off. She's just..somewhere. And I'm gonna find her first." Dallas says with determination.

"This isn't some competition, Dallas. Ally could really be gone like she could really be missing." I say.
He tilts his head my way slightly,

"I know. And I think I know where she could be.." He responds.

"Good." I simply say, focusing my attention on my essay.

I could tell Dallas was looking at me from my peripheral vision. I could also unfortunately make out that goofy smirk on his face,

"Wanna go with me?"

"Uh, why would I tag along with you to go get your girlfriend." I furrowed my eyebrows.

Dallas nodded, "Oh I forgot, you're jealous.."

I click my tongue. Not even bothering anymore.

"..plus, I wasn't even talking about the Ally thing. I meant Homecoming." He explained.

I look up at him now, "What?" He'd struck my attention with the word 'homecoming'.
He smiled down at me,

"Look, I'll do you a favor. I'll let you go to Homecoming with me, y'know so you can become popular. And then that'll just raise your status quo by 100%. Cause you seem kinda..y'know..outcast-ish. Don't worry this is me doing you the favor that I owed, okay?"

I stared at him as he talked. My mouth slightly parted and my expression stunned.

He stared right back. His expression more carefree and cocky.