XXIV

"Here you go, my ticket." I handed the staff lady my last set of four tickets.

 She gladly accepted.
Then she proceeded to accept Dallas's behind me. I hopped in a seat. The Ferris Wheel booth had no roof, though it was just a carrier of bench-like seats on either side. I went ahead and sat on the left side.

 Dallas climbed inside shortly after and took the stiff spot next to me.

 I furrow my eyebrows and glare at him, "Really? You couldn't sit anywhere else?" I argue. He rolled his eyes, "Look big ears, if I sit across from you, i'm gonna have to stare at you the whole ride. It's better this way, i'm not blocking your view." He faced forward.

 I huffed and the small doors next to me closed automatically. The booth began to move up, but stopped for the next individuals to get on the next booth behind us.

 Me and Dallas were slightly above ground. I duck my head instinctively, "I don't think this was a good idea. Alison could probably see us here." I searched around for a blonde. I'd found one too many.
Dallas clicked his tongue, "I told you. She won't find us here. Besides, this is our last ride. Shouldn't you be less paranoid?" 

 I turn my head and looked at him, "Shouldn't you be less annoying?"

 Dallas folded his arms, "That's a pretty sketchy thing to say to the person who bought your tickets. And gave you a ride. And who's gonna have to give you a ride back." He smirked.

 I sat back, my Jordans tapping against the hollow floor. I glare forward, "Whatever." I almost mumble. That, my friends, is my way of apologizing.

 The booth then moved further up. My eyes blinked with confusion when I heard a questionable sound that came from the ride as it moved. Almost a creaking sound. Oh well. Every ride creaks right? I gave a reassuring sigh and closed my eyes for a quick second.

 The night breeze flew past me ever so softly. This breeze, unlike the ones I got from the intense rides earlier which were ragged and rough, was a softer, more gentle wind.

 It'd almost put me to sleep until the Ferris moved again. This time, I jumped up.

 The Wheel kept spinning and slowly moving both me and Dallas further up. I turn to look behind me,

 "Hey Dallas? You sure this ride ain't like, broke or sumn?" I look at him with a face of concern. He raised an eyebrow at me, "What do you mean am I sure? Why are you asking me?" He blinked.

 And just like that, the second me and Dallas' booth reached the very top of the Ferris Wheel, the ride suddenly came to a screeching halt. After the halt was a series of loud clanking noises below. Me and Dallas simultaeneously jumped and held onto the sides of the ride for balance. We looked at each other, our mouths gaped.

 Then we lowered our heads and looked down to the world under us. The employees were scrambling around and commotion began from the other participants of the ride. The ride had completely stopped.

 "Aw you gotta be kidding me." I awed with disbelief as I stared at the scene down under.

 "Seriously.." Dallas whispered. He was just as struck as me. 

 I continue to hold my head over, trying to figure out what the people down there were doing. People who surrounded the Ferris Wheel temporarily paused and looked the ride before getting back to what they were doing.

 "Can you see that's going on?" Dallas asked. I sigh, "No. But from the looks of it, it doesn't seem like we're getting off any time soon." I shake my head and sit normally.