Chapter 3

Twilight was roaming through the hall with Spike in her backpack, and it looked like she was trying to keep herself away from attention. But neither of them knew that Sonic was very quietly following them close behind. Sonic wasn't letting Twilight out of his sight after his recent encounter with her.

Twilight continued to roam through the halls until she reached a dead end. It was very dark with a flickering light barely shining brightly. Sonic stood right around the corner as he looked at Twilight and found the chance he needed, "All right, now to find out what she's up to."

Sonic came from around the corner, "Twilight."

Twilight jumped in surprise when she heard Sonic behind her. Sonic asked Twilight in a serious voice, "Twilight, what's going on here?"

Twilight looked like she didn't seem to understand, "W… what are you talking about, Sonic?"

"There's something strange happening," Sonic answered with his arms crossed, "I knew there was when you were in the gym with me, Pinkie, and Applejack."

Twilight scratched her head with a sheepish laugh as her cheeks began to blush nervously, "Oh, really? How did I not notice this? Heh heh heh…"

Sonic was straight to the point, "Twilight, answer me this. How did you know Applejack and Pinkie's names? What was with you acting so strange? And why do you want to be Princess of the Fall Formal?"

This made it really hard for Twilight to come up with the right answer; she was on thin ice at this point. But before she got the chance to answer, a familiar voice of a certain girl spoke behind Sonic, "Can't believe I didn't recognize you earlier."

Sonic and Twilight turned to see that it was Sunset Shimmer standing against the wall. Sunset walked past Sonic and spoke to Twilight, "I should've known Princess Celestia would send her prized pupil here after my crown, and her little dog too."

The mentioning of 'Princess Celestia' caught Sonic's ear, "Princess Celestia? Doesn't she mean Principle Celestia, or could she mean…"

Twilight stated angrily to Sunset, "It's my crown!"

Sonic seemed to believe that there was something about this crown Twilight and Sunset were talking about, but it sounded like they meant the crown for the Fall Formal, "This doesn't make any sense. Why are they after the crown for the Fall Formal? Could there be something about it?"

Sunset kept herself cool towards Twilight, "Whatever, this is just a mirror setback for me. You don't know the first thing about this place, and I already rule it."

Sonic shook his head at Sunset, "Rule, huh? You really must be full of yourself."

Sunset ignored Sonic's comment. Twilight asked Sunset, "If that's so, why do you even need my crown? You went to an awful lot of trouble to switch it with the one that belongs here."