Chapter 5

In the morning, as the sun rose up in the sky, students came walking to Canterlot High ready for the day. Celestia's voice spoke through the speakers, "Good morning, students, and happy Thursday. Just a reminder to pick up your ballots for the Princess of the Fall Formal today; they are due by the time the dance starts tomorrow night, so don't forget to turn them in and make your voice heard."

Sonic and Twilight had just woken up and were arranging a bunch of papers together. "So, what's the plan, Twilight?" Sonic asked.

"Fluttershy said I'd need to win over all the different groups if I want to become Princess of the Fall Formal, so I've complied a list of talking points," Twilight answered as she took the paper.

Spike laughed at Twilight's idea, "You made a list? That's so unlike you."

Twilight turned right around to Spike with a serious look on her face, held her open backpack in front of him, and pointed in it; telling him to get inside it. Spike now gave a sheepish laugh, "Uh. Please. Continue."

Twilight went to describing her idea as she put her backpack on, "I'll start introducing myself. Sprinkle in some things I've learned about their world into the conversation. Show them how I fit in here."

Twilight approached the doors, but then she stopped, as she felt hesitant to go out there. Sonic stood next to her and put his hand on her shoulder, "You can do it, Twilight. We can do it together."

Twilight smiled at her friend, as she was able to take a deep breath, "Okay, guys. Time to make a good first impression on our fellow students."

Twilight opened the doors of the library, and there were some students down the hallway. Twilight gazed through it as she added, "The whole world sort of depends on it."

Twilight and Sonic began walking down the hallway. Sonic let Twilight go a little bit ahead of him. But something strange began to go on. As Twilight was walking past the students each of them began to laugh at her. This made her feel a little weird about this.

The students continued to laugh at Twilight, but then they saw Sonic walking past them next. When they did, their expressions on their faces changed from laughter to shock and surprise. It was almost like as if there was a massive discovery about him.

Sonic could notice the students began to whisper about him amongst themselves. But because of so many students in the hall, it was hard to understand what they were saying.

Twilight stopped and noticed this as well. This made her and Spike confused. Sonic walked over to them and whispered, "Um, Twilight, what the heck's going on here?"

"I don't know, Sonic," Twilight whispered back, "Everyone was just looking at me and laughing. But now they seem to be talking about you or something."

"But I can't tell what they're saying. They're talking so loudly, I can barely understand a thing-" Sonic's sentence was cut off right as a hand grabbed him and another grabbed Twilight, and they were pulled right into a room.

Sonic and Twilight slipped onto a table with Sonic accidently banging his head a pile of books and knocking them off. Twilight quickly hit Spike in her backpack so whoever pulled them in wouldn't see him.

Sonic and Twilight turned right around to see who it was that pulled them in as Sonic called, "Hey! What was that…?"

When Sonic and Twilight saw who it was that pulled them in, they noticed that it was one of the girls from the picture.