Chapter 4

Sonic kept wondering on and on down the halls trying to find the library. After being lost for a few minutes, he finally found the doors Twilight went in.

Sonic entered the doors, and when he did, he was amazed by what he saw inside. The place was a library, but it wasn't like any other regular library. It was a large library with possibly fifty shelves of books or more. There were desks in the center with lamps and computers, and there was even a second floor above him and the doors with more shelves.

"Okay," Sonic thought, "Twilight could be anywhere in here by now."

Sonic was just about to start looking around for Twilight, but at that moment, he heard a voice behind him, "Excuse me, young man, are you the new student?"

Sonic turned around to see a woman with some books in her arms. She had lavender purple skin, mauve and lilac purple hair, and chartreuse green eyes. She wore a white shirt with a collar under a carob brown vest, a pine green vest with a pattern of chartreuse and daffodil flowers, and carob brown and chartreuse boots.

Sonic answered, "Ah… yes, sorry. I'm Sonic."

"Nice to meet you, Sonic," the woman said, "I'm Cheerilee, but call me Ms. Cheerilee. Is this your first day here?"

"Yep," Sonic answered, "Say, do you happen to know if…"

But as Sonic was trying to talk, some really loud hard rock music playing was being heard from nearby. On one of the computers on the desk in the center of the library was playing that music through a speaker from a music video on the Internet with three preteen girls dancing along with it.

The first preteen girl had banana pale greyish olive skin, amaranth red hair with a large pink bow in it, and gamboge-orange eyes. She wore a sea-foam green T-shirt, Aegean blue jeans with a cedar brown belt around her waist, and marigold-orange and candy-red mud boots.

The second preteen girl had pure white skin, parakeet green eyes, and iris purple curly hair with flamingo pink streaks and a pinkish red hair ribbon. She was wearing a magenta pink short-sleeved coat over a white and rose pink striped shirt, a bright blonde yellow skirt with a magenta pink belt around her waist with a white "o" looking belt buckle on the side, and magenta pink boots with bright blonde yellow buckles around them.

The third preteen girl had tangerine orange skin, messy magenta purple hair, and heather purple eyes. She was wearing a short sleeve stone grey jacket with a color of teal blue on the bottom and at the outlines of the sleeves, a white and teal blue striped wrist band on her left wrist, pear green pants with the legs ripped up to the knees, and stone grey boots with cyan outlines on the top of them.

The preteen girls continued to play with the music until Cheerilee, who face palmed at their childishness, walked over to them and turned the speaker off asking, "Girls, what are you doing?"

The white-skinned preteen girl answered, "We're just seeing how many hits our new music video has gotten."

The yellow-skinned preteen girl was about to turn the speaker back on, when suddenly it disappeared from sight in a split second. Cheerilee and the preteen girls saw that Sonic had just swiped it.

The orange-skinned girl frowned at Sonic, "Hey, what's the big idea?"

Sonic handed Cheerilee the speaker as he answered positively, "Sorry, it's nothing personal. It's just that libraries are supposed to be quiet."