Chapter 9

The next day, at Canterlot High, it was lunchtime. The students were in the cafeteria each in their own groups. Some were on their phones, some were chatting with each other, and some were even doing the things they liked to do. Flash was in his group playing a bright red electric guitar.

At a random table, Rarity sat down with her tray of food. She was wearing a cerulean blue sweater with the symbol of a bright yellow horseshoe on the chest that was shaped to look like a "c" to represent the Canterlot Wondercolts, as well as her tail. She then put on her Wondercolt ears in preparation.

Rainbow sat down at a different table wearing the same sweater and tail, and she did the same thing Rarity did; put on her Wondercolt ears. Pinkie Pie, who also wore the same sweater and tail, stood in line with some other students and put on her own Wondercolt ears.

Pinkie then grabbed a random unused tray, and she began to bang it on the counter in a rhythm. Shortly after she did, Rarity began to follow by stomping her foot to imitate the same rhythm, but also clapping her hands to add to it. Students' attention began to catch this.

Fluttershy, wearing the same sweater, tail and Wondercolt ears, began to play with the rhythm by banging two empty glasses on her table. More of the students were noticing this and trying to figure out what was going on. Applejack, again wearing the same sweater, tail and ears, clapped her hands together and on the table to follow the rhythm. Rainbow banged her own tray on her table following along too.

Once the girls all began playing the rhythm perfectly at the same time, Sonic and Spike were watching behind a counter. Sonic was also wearing a Wondercolts sweater, as well as the ears and tail. He had his medallion turned into his Sonic Underground guitar. Spike was inside Twilight's backpack with a radio next to him.

Sonic snapped his fingers at Spike, and Spike nodded as he turned the radio on. It began to play music that made the same rhythm as the girls were making. Sonic jumped out from behind the counter, stood on top of it catching the students' attention, and began playing a note, starting softly and then getting it louder.

The girls all stood up from their tables, and they all began to sing at Sonic began to play his guitar along with the song on the radio.

(My Little Pony: Equestria Girls Song: Cafeteria Song plays)

Mane 5: Hey, hey, everybody!

We've got something to say

We may seem as different

As the night is from day

But you look a little deeper

And you will see

That I'm just like you

And you're just like me

Yeah!

Sonic made a quick solo sound with his guitar, and then he jumped off the counter and slid across the floor on his knees as he began to sing along with the girls.

Sonic and Mane 5: Hey, hey, everybody!

We're here to shout