EIGHT.

BOUNTY #2101

ANDROMEDA GALAXY, SPACEGLOSS INTERGALACTIC STARSHIPCIRCA 6018

GLOSS INTERGALACTIC STARSHIP
CIRCA 6018

Back on the starship, Yoongi wore a look of sheer perplexion, sliding up beside the Captain who had been waiting for the arrival. Jimin had barely noticed, however, as the bounty-who he had learned is named Phaedra-was taken to the cells.

"He befriended her." Yoongi said to Namjoon, his voice an equal distinction of annoyance and confusion. "You should've seen them," Jimin heard Yoongi say, yet still chose to focus on detaching his gear in his own calmness, "all chatty and giggly like we didn't just apprehend her for smuggling."

Jimin could feel the pair watching him as he tugged off the clunky boots. Hitomi was sat in front of him doing the same and keeping small conversation with him. He felt bad, as he wasn't giving her his full attention, but nodded whenever he knew he needed to.

"About the smuggling. Had you found the items?" Namjoon asked, tearing his eyes from Jimin's profile and settling on Yoongi then. "She didn't have 'em with her. Figured she'd sold her shit already since she cackled in our faces when we arrived." Yoongi then unclipped the utility belt from around his waist, letting one part of it fall to the floor before flipping it over his shoulder. "That's too bad. Seokjin was told they'd double our pay if we were able to retrieve the stolen weapons." Namjoon hadn't seemed all that bothered. At least it wasn't telling in his voice, not in the slightest.

Jimin stood once he was done putting the items back in their rightful place. Unlike the rest of the search party, he didn't have as much gear as the rest of them. A pair of boots, his borrowed comm, and a small weapon-a semicircle blade that fit perfectly in his hand. "Sir?" Jimin began, walking up to where Namjoon and Yoongi were stood near the side entrance of the ship.

"Ah, Jimin, you don't really have to call me that. I promise, Captain is just fine." Namjoon reminded sheepishly, but politely nonetheless. Jimin gave an enthusiastic nod, burning the reminder into his mind for the next time they'd meet. "I swear it's a kink, Nams." Yoongi bluntly put, giving a shrug of mock blasé as if there was nothing that could be done.

Jimin shot a glare at the older man, quickly averting his eyes back to Namjoon when their gazes locked. He really couldn't look at Yoongi for too long; just like the time they'd first met. "I was wondering if you knew of Taehyung's wearabouts?" Jimin directed to Namjoon, clasping his hands in front of him as to not fidget with his fingers or clothing. He hated when Yoongi would stare and he always stared.

"The last I saw of him, he was with the medic in the infirmary." Namjoon offered, but held Jimin back when he turned to make his way in the direction. "However, I think it'd be best if you washed up and meet me in the bridge afterwards. I'd like to speak to you about the mission." It was more of a command than a suggestion. Jimin noticed it in the firm tone and expression. So he nodded, figuring he'd find taehyung later on during dinner.